Upgraded Battery Cables!

Hello everybody, please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Neal. I'm from west Chester, Pennsylvania. I love tinkering and working on stuff.

I have had 5 97-01 XJs, 2 WJs, and now I recently acquired 2 MJs. Which is what led me here.

Now about the battery cables. I made my very first set for my krawler about 5 years ago, (still working perfectly). Then my friends and people I wheeled with saw it wanted a set also. That's how I got into the business of making cables. It didn't really take off until January of this year after more and more people encouraged me to do it more formally.

I was encouraged to start a sales thread here as well. So here I am.

I make kits primarily out of 4 gauge and 2 gauge welding cables however I do custom sizes based on your requirements/preferences.

I use adhesive lined heat shrink tubing, so when heat is applied, the tubing shrinks and the glue which is lined internally melts and fuses to the cable to completely ensure there's waterproof protection.

I use a hydraulic 10 ton lug crimpers, none of those hammer crimping BS. That way I ensure there's perfect hexagonal crimps instead of deformed lugs caused by hammer blows.

What else is included? You may ask.

All of my kits include a fuseholder (of ANL variety) with two spare fuses, AND a set of military battery terminals.

I don't like those marine style with wing nuts on top. They get loose too easily.

However since they go on your jeep, you can get to decide what style of terminals to go with. If you don't want the military style, I will remove them and adjust the pricing accordingly.

I always do red and black to easily identify the cables. However I have gotten requests for having entire set in black. That's up to you too, after all, it's your jeep.

A 4 gauge kit (complete) cost $130 shipped to your door.

The same kit in 2 gauge flavor will run you $170 shipped to your door.

As I am a member of multiple forums along with accounts on Instagram, Facebook, and Craigslist, I cannot be at two places at same time, although I try to be. So with that said, truly best way to contact me would be emailing me directly at MeanLemons@gmail.com. Be sure to mention where you saw this.

Thank you very much!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any pics of the cable connected to the PDC? Remember having some issues with another kit. Go the 4.0 HO if it matters. L type bracket connected by two bolts.

You mean the lug with two stud holes on it? I can either get the specialty lug or you can just cut the old lug off and leave it on the PDC to act as a bridge between both lugs & bolt on the new cable on one of the studs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I like to get to know people and their jeeps. If you email me at meanlemons@gmail.com with an introduction and couple pics of your jeep(s), I ll do 20% discount on the cables. Make sure you mention you are from ComancheClub and the username.

Cheers!

• Pete M locked this topic