Load / Height Sensing Valve Delete / Bypass

On 10/30/2016 at 10:40 PM, AKelly95 said:

I recently did a SOA swap in the rear an disconnected the valve where it connected to the diff and mistakenly lost that rod. What kind of issues am I going to face without it properly hooked up or "bypassed" as you showed how to do? (I have yet to drive it since doing the soa)

Had no arm to start with, made a new set up today. Made a new bracket for diff, added a 1/4" plate to backside of arm, fasten with 2 1/4" bolts,Bored new  3/8" holes to accept the new rod , modified a lawn tractor steering linkage using the end swivel & shortened rod as needed, bored a 9/16" hole in both pcs to accept the old knuckles which i left in place. This gave me a rod about 3 3/4" to 4",  threded ends which i butt welded.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:22 AM, Swampy said:

just curious as to what the pros/cons are of deleting this. My mj has the valve in the back but the connecting rod was missing from the d35. I also have no idea if it is in working condition

Not sure of mine but felt resistance when i move the arm up or down, figured it to be ok, left the LSV in place. Mossyjaw

Its when its not working proper that theres a benefit or when you do an axle swap and don't want to add it to an 8.8/8.25 etc. I still have mine somewhere but it was inop. My back brakes work much better even before the 8.8 swap. About to put on black magic pads in the front though so I can kiss the windshield when I stop like my old FSJ hahahaha

On 2/27/2018 at 7:48 PM, Russell E. Gray said:

Not sure of mine but felt resistance when i move the arm up or down, figured it to be ok, left the LSV in place. Mossyjaw

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to zip tie the arm and see what that does