Comanche SS - LS, Locked, Long Arms...

Kind of a feeler....I have a 4x4 T56 thats ultra rare and a direct bolt in for a comanche/cherokee. less than 5k miles on it, would anyone be intrested in it? Iits a 5k+$ tranny, built to order and one of a handful ever made I just want to swap in an auto...Let me know

It's supposedly built for 800HP as being part of there "son of transzilla" line....

PM me for more details

http://www.rsgear.com/products/transmissions/tranzilla.aspx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of a feeler....I have a 4x4 T56 thats ultra rare and a direct bolt in for a comanche/cherokee. less than 5k miles on it, would anyone be intrested in it? Iits a 5k+$ tranny, built to order and one of a handful ever made I just want to swap in an auto...Let me know

It's supposedly built for 800HP as being part of there "son of transzilla" line....

PM me for more details

You're crazy.

PM me for more details

You're crazy.

crazy for?

crazy for?

Getting rid of that T56.  

Every other LS-swapped XJ/MJ has a stupid slushbox...

You obviously know how to drive a stick, so why get rid of the most unique feature of your truck?  idk, to each is own.  

You make a compelling point. I do adore having a manual and be it unique at that. This truck is my DD and through traffic everyday can be annoying. Maybe instead I will invest in a cheap beater MJ/XJ to daily and leave this one to be the unique one...I will think about it

You make a compelling point. I do adore having a manual and be it unique at that. This truck is my DD and through traffic everyday can be annoying. Maybe instead I will invest in a cheap beater MJ/XJ to daily and leave this one to be the unique one...I will think about it

I daily drove a 5sp for an hr+ commute for years.  Not being bored with the car/truck was always worth the "hassle" of the occasional traffic jam to me.  

In your case, that T56 with double OD would permit you to run some crazy deep gears and still keep the revs low on the highway; a recipe for the perfect DD in my book!

I daily drove a 5sp for an hr+ commute for years. Not being bored with the car/truck was always worth the "hassle" of the occasional traffic jam to me.

In your case, that T56 with double OD would permit you to run some crazy deep gears and still keep the revs low on the highway; a recipe for the perfect DD in my book!

^this

Both my jeeps are manual and Get daily driven. I love it!

Try running a fully loaded Mack fuel tanker with 20 forward speeds around winding narrow city streets for a couple of years. You won't love it for long. Worst job I ever had. Never again do I want to shift manually...............

Try running a fully loaded Mack fuel tanker with 20 forward speeds around winding narrow city streets for a couple of years. You won't love it for long. Worst job I ever had. Never again do I want to shift manually...............

I'm actually studying for my cdl as we speak...

My company does delieveries close to that amount of trailers and containers everyday for 12+ hours...

When you mentioned that I had to think what type of vehicles my drivers drive and they all have automatics lol

There were no autos on the Sunoco tankers in the 70's.  :(  My left leg was three times the size of my right. Was hard finding pants that fit.   :yes:  I said screw this and went back in the Navy........

or get a new volvo with there auto trannys now...

I have done some searching, but can't seem to come up with much regarding hanneman Rear flared bedsides on LONG bed MJ's...Anyone got some info that I am unable to find? I know they make short bed sides and then they make just the flare part that I can install onto the stock bedside, Id really like a full long bed flared side if they have that...

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a dumb question, does anyone know the relationship between tj and Xj/MJ coil springs? and also, whats a good rule of thumb of lowest I should safely go with long arms? And what is a good towing capacity for a stock MJ VS. mine. Keep in mind it has a Metric tonne package with a d44 geared to 4:10 plus the tranny and engine...

The max towing capacity per the factory for a metric-tonne equipped MJ with Aw4 , a receiver hitch, and heavy duty cooling package is 5000 lbs. You'll also need trailer brakes if you ever want to stop. Considering that's more than the truck weighs, I'm not sure you'd want more than that on a receiver hitch. Might be able to do more with a gooseneck or fifth-wheel, but frankly it's a unibody truck that wasn't designed to be a freight train.

The max towing capacity per the factory for a metric-tonne equipped MJ with Aw4 , a receiver hitch, and heavy duty cooling package is 5000 lbs. You'll also need trailer brakes if you ever want to stop. Considering that's more than the truck weighs, I'm not sure you'd want more than that on a receiver hitch. Might be able to do more with a gooseneck or fifth-wheel, but frankly it's a unibody truck that wasn't designed to be a freight train.

Good point, Just wondering, I don't plan on towing much with more than that with this. I do in fact want to build a trail only rig and was wondering if this might be a candidate for towing or if I need a full size tow rig. 

You're definitely better off with a full-size rig.

By my best estimate (scale weight minus a guess at what I had on board) my MJ is around 3700 lbs or so, just about completely stock. Even a small car trailer is going to weigh around 2000lbs (as a reference, U-Haul quotes theirs at 2210 empty). That puts you at approaching 6000lbs just for the combination. Pretty well every mod you do (bigger wheels/tires, heavier axles, increased body armour, bumpers, sliders, cages) will increase the trail rig's weight by quite a bit. Wouldn't surprise me at all if some of the bigger builds on here were breaching that 6000lb mark by themselves, and then you'll need a bigger trailer to move them, and before you know it you're hauling 10,000lbs to the trail with you.

I know a guy who hauls around a skid steer with a year-old Dodge half-ton... The back wheels of the truck come off the ground every time it goes on or off the trailer, looks like the front tires are about to come off the ground when he's going down the road. He says it pulls fine but I don't believe him. Yeah, a skid steer is a bit more than an MJ, but that's a lot more truck too.

You're definitely better off with a full-size rig.

By my best estimate (scale weight minus a guess at what I had on board) my MJ is around 3700 lbs or so, just about completely stock. Even a small car trailer is going to weigh around 2000lbs (as a reference, U-Haul quotes theirs at 2210 empty). That puts you at approaching 6000lbs just for the combination. Pretty well every mod you do (bigger wheels/tires, heavier axles, increased body armour, bumpers, sliders, cages) will increase the trail rig's weight by quite a bit. Wouldn't surprise me at all if some of the bigger builds on here were breaching that 6000lb mark by themselves, and then you'll need a bigger trailer to move them, and before you know it you're hauling 10,000lbs to the trail with you.

I know a guy who hauls around a skid steer with a year-old Dodge half-ton... The back wheels of the truck come off the ground every time it goes on or off the trailer, looks like the front tires are about to come off the ground when he's going down the road. He says it pulls fine but I don't believe him. Yeah, a skid steer is a bit more than an MJ, but that's a lot more truck too.

Good deal, guess its an excuse to build my next dream truck/tow rig. A hudson 3/4 ton pickup with a 5.7 hemi on full width 60s and alcoas....if only my dreams were conceivable by my wallet. 

Good deal, guess its an excuse to build my next dream truck/tow rig. A hudson 3/4 ton pickup with a 5.7 hemi on full width 60s and alcoas....if only my dreams were conceivable by my wallet.

Hudson pickup, the original El Camino.

56273905-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

Hudson pickup, the original El Camino.

56273905-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

Thats the one!!