Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve gotte. Lots done just haven’t been posting about it. 

Welded the truss on the front Dana 50. Patched the holes in the floor and layed down some sound deading. I have the fenders and clip pulled and am in the process of getting a 00’ fenders and clip. 

 

6ECFB3DB-64A4-48B5-97C2-39C05A446057.jpeg

DB247916-3298-4BCF-8AF6-6E13937D4097.jpeg

8E001B8E-B6BB-4F47-932B-C7154CC6E82E.jpeg

9519B47A-F004-4B38-AD5D-172EA186930A.jpeg

BE7E7D02-DBF0-4613-8E49-AB827C98E5CC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used thin sticky back aluminum to lay down on the firewall and tunnel. Used the leftover to cover the back of the cab. I am more worried about heat then sound deading since I’m planning on removing the doors

F1E197F6-9CC1-4A45-AEEB-9528ECA1292B.jpeg

9B8B14F1-58F7-4C82-A8E5-5027D5B9ABAE.jpeg

1FD28228-0BFC-49D4-92F4-DD85801B6DFF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I put the interior back together I swapped out the headlight switch and gotta get a center console since I’m switching to bucket seats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dustyinthedirt said:

Thanks. I feel like I do a lot and am getting not very far

I know the feeling very well. Keep at it and, all the sudden it’s nearly done....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good work. Keep the good fight going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been tieing up loose ends in the cab. I altered a centerconsole to fit. There was only two xjs with tan interior in the pickapart. They did have three Comanches in there that I scavenged pretty hard. I may or may not have three sets of taillights... also got a passenger side window regulator (which somebody had already replaced in that vehicle so I got some hardware with it instead of drilling out rivets) and a climate control.

I had to peice the console together to make it work. I got the console and back bracket from one the black trim bezel from another, and the latch from another. I had to fix the console with some JB Plasticweld, since it was broken. Also who knew wood working tools would cut plastic trim perfectly

 

93E3085C-CD29-4607-920B-983FCDB31E9E.jpeg

4504238B-3F9A-4943-8493-7426F3BDCC9B.jpeg

0B400AF0-061C-4CE8-BC6B-359351CB8BC3.jpeg

BE532822-DFBB-47DF-AE60-58B3E11BC601.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Layed the vinyl in this morning only took 7.5 hours to do it and get the interior panels back in. It fits “okay”. I purchased this vinyl flooring almost a year ago and it’s sat unfolded and flat for that long in a spare room. Using a heat gun made it easier to manover around. I wish it would have been warm enough to leave it out side in the sun for a few hours. I will try to get the rest of the wrinkles out during final install. Now to alter the seat brackets

3722998E-F5FE-429B-BA73-B38863679D1D.jpeg

BB0CD061-A07B-43A5-B770-5AE046B10088.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After getting the vinyl layed and the trim in. I started on the seat brackets. I should have done this before I put the trim in. Here is a little sample of what we have going on. I’m gonna do a write up on this seat bracket alteration. It was way simpler then expected73548D2F-FB7D-4F4D-A978-736B478FEFD3.jpeg.2e6ca9c0578b96295d7f1d72f7f13e54.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...