No power to fuel pump

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruiser this is great info. Thanks. I checked the fusible links for voltage and continuity. The destroyed fusible link had no voltage and had no continuity. Also, I found another fusible link that was in rough shape. I'll run by the auto parts store and get replacement fusible links.

I replaced the fusible link and checked over everything with a meter to confirm that power was flowing. Once confirmed, I put everything back together and took her for a test drive. Thanks for all the help.

way to stick with it!!

Just a quick update. After a few short test drives the truck was driving better than ever. I pulled into the driveway and jumped out to open the garage when I smelled wires burning. I am going to look at the damage tomorrow and am praying that it isn't that bad. I am prepared for the worst and placed a wanted ad on CC for a complete wiring harness, computer, sensors, etc. Also, on Monday I'll start calling the junkyards. If you know of someone with a wiring harness leftover from a swap let me know. If you have any other ideas for a fix I'd be happy to listen and try.

Your between a rock and a hard place. Tough to find out what went wrong. Two, three days of running just fine. Do one or more of the fuse links have bubbles in it? Even if they do, hard to sort out which feed they are. Can you determine if its one circuit, one splice, one color code or is there to much damage? All kinds of questions now.