any update? I'm in the market for rear armor/steel flares to match the H.O.R Front tube fenders.

It has been extremely cold here and I haven't wanted to heat the shop.

Plus I'm waiting to get the bedsides bent at work on the press brake.

The flares will be close to the hooligan flares but not quite. I don't think...haven't been able to do any actual tubing bending.

The hooligan front flares go about 2 inches lower on the body than mine will. They'll be about the same as the xj rears.

And I'm still trying to figure out nutserts for mounting them.

The bottom quarter panel armor is almost figured out though...

Same Here. -38 on saturday and never got above 0 for the last 4 days. The whole bedside would be good, but spendy to ship i would think. I'm thinking almost just a half bed from the fuel filler rearwards.
Good thing I planned ahead for half sides and had a line laser etched on it and bolt holes for mounting a half

:banana:.....FYI, i will be placing an order for SWB sliders pretty soon.

Glad to hear it! Have also thought about wanting a tire carrier bumper. But would also like to see a receiver in it, and potentially be able to flip the tire down to open the tailgate without having to open the carrier.

For the taillight boxes, I have a pair of the oval maxxima 'hybrid' led lights. So, hopefully you will offer custom or blank housings.

A couple things I have thought about are taillight housings and armor that goes to about mid bed from the rear, maybe even including taillight boxes.

I've started on all that...

I see bent tubing on the floor.....Yay Flares!

Yep! I did those like a month ago before I had the metal sides formed.

Not sure if I'm going to use round tubing or not. Might need some ideas here...

round tubing would be the cleanest look. With 16 or 14g sheet tacked in between the bedsides and the tubing. I think it was a page or 2 ago, you posted a front flare photo.

And up until last night, I thought the mj bedsides were double walled so I'd have to use nutserts to mount these...nope. I drilled a hole for a nursert and could see ground. So I look up from the bottom side and see my hole. So I just drilled a couple 1/4" holes and ran some bolts through win washers and nuts on the back. Will be more solid than nutserts.

The only place nutserts will be needed are the 4 (or eventually 2, might delete 2 holes) above the center of the wheel well. You can't reach up that high.

Mounting these is definitely a two person job. I had to lay on the ground and reach up behind the bedside and use a magnet on the front side to secure the bolt so it wouldn't come out when I put the nut on it.

Once you drill and bolt the first 2 holes on the top, with the 1:1 scale paper pattern provided, you. Can just mount the bedside and use it as the pattern for the other holes...

If I can do it by myself, anybody can do it with a buddy.

And I think you can cut the wheel well opening out all the way up to the bedside armor basically. Up to the body seam.

If anybody has done it and it didn't work, let us know...

I'll mess with flares tonight.

I'm ordering a mini press break tonight so I can bend the flares myself at home.

• 3 weeks later...

SALE!

$20 OFF! Jeep Comanche hitch. Was $190+shipping. NOW $170+shipping!

$20 OFF! Set of Jeep Comanche sliders with tube step. Was $280+shipping. NOW $260+shipping.(Currently don't have the step plates on them but can be added for $40 more.)

Buy hitch and sliders and save additional $10! That's $50 savings!

I ONLY HAVE 1 OF EACH. SO FIRST PERSON TO WANT/PAY FOR THEM GETS THEM AT THIS PRICE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Definitely interested in TL housings. Either of the "discounted parts" available?

SALE!

$20 OFF! Set of Jeep Comanche sliders with tube step. Was $280+shipping. NOW $260+shipping.(Currently don't have the step plates on them but can be added for $40 more.)

I ONLY HAVE 1 OF EACH. SO FIRST PERSON TO WANT/PAY FOR THEM GETS THEM AT THIS PRICE!

Definitely interested in TL housings. Either of the "discounted parts" available?

SALE!

I've got a set of sliders to be built I'd sell at the discounted price.

Hitches are back to normal price.

SALE!

I've got a set of sliders to be built I'd sell at the discounted price.

Hitches are back to normal price.

Discounted sliders are sold. Everything is back to normal price for now.

93de3ee190ee1bf5c7c516a040738593.jpg

2dbb054ebb55da1fa2d8642f046b3468.jpg

This is what I've been working on recently...

Hows that bumper going? Waiting to get my truck back to get under it and see how I'd go about mounting a winch back there

Hopefully I'll have it finished in the next week.

To make room for the winch, you have to cut out the piece that runs side to side that "Covers" the spare tire in the rear, where the license plate holes are...

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58cab98887b1f/IMAG2651.jpg?

(The part the winch is hitting in the pic)

Winch mounts 180° from how its shown in pic. Bolts on top, upside down