88 comanche build

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out what Clayton has. http://www.carid.com/clayton-off-road/xj-auto-mpn-4801512.html?gclid=CICMkYmbxs0CFUEkhgods5YCZw

That's what I'm looking into. Prob going to fab my own arms and just get builder parts but the center piece is nice. Don't need to drop the whole long arm kit to get to the tranny. I've done a decent amount of research and almost time for me to pull the trigger.

I've been lurking around on this forum for a while and will more than likely be making a build post but prob won't start in until I'm pretty far in cause I'll be working at a snails pace haha

Good luck man!

Huh so that takes the place of the factory crossmember and locates the arms to the x member. Looks decent but if I'd have to change the clutch wouldn't my axle want to walk around? If the crossmember is down the lowers aren't holding anything still. Correct?

Huh so that takes the place of the factory crossmember and locates the arms to the x member. Looks decent but if I'd have to change the clutch wouldn't my axle want to walk around? If the crossmember is down the lowers aren't holding anything still. Correct?

Most long arm kits are like that.  It can be a pain but there is workarounds.

• 3 weeks later...

well its been a roller coaster of a ride with the jeep.  i did a sye kit and had to drive in front wheel drive till i got my adams driveshaft.  i developed a power steering leak and an oil leak.  then my starter gave up the ghost on the 4th of July.  and now after knowing i have needed a speedometer cable for a month, i lost the speedometer.  from the cable binding in the sleeve it put enough pressure on the gear in the t-case which blew all the teeth off the gear.  with all this going on i found my cross member bolts had started to strip out.  so i re-tapped the nutserts to 7/16-14 and drilled the others out and nut and bolted them in.

well guys i got my new cable and gear for the speedometer. but i still have a lot of cable bounce.  I'm wondering if i have a bad speedometer.  i chucked the cable in a drill and it still bounced so i have no clue.  does anyone know anything i can try?  thanks for all the compliments guys. 

I didn't want a bench in my MJ so I went to Craigslist and ther was a 96 Cherokee for parts and I took his manual seats and power doors for $120 I did have to get brackets custom made but was very cheap that sit perfect now.work great and look great

well guys i got my new cable and gear for the speedometer. but i still have a lot of cable bounce.  I'm wondering if i have a bad speedometer.  i chucked the cable in a drill and it still bounced so i have no clue.  does anyone know anything i can try?  thanks for all the compliments guys. 

Swapping the speedo is pretty easy if you have another cluster to pull one out of.  It's just in there with screws.

Wenter to the junkyard today. And got a whole cluster. Swapped it in the trunk and still bounced. Ended up that it was my cable routing I guess. So I moved it so the cable is a bit smoother and the turns flow a bit better. Well see how it works.

Also I had a high idle/stalling issue. I determined it to be the tps. Wow did I have sticker shock. 110 for the tps and 60 for the iac valve. Swapped in the tps using cruiser54s tips and so far the truck is 99% better.

That's why I converted to the GM 86-94 (Standard Th32) 2.8L TPS. Cheap and only takes a simple wire swap in the connector. Been running one for about a year now (maybe closer to two can't remember).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

well guys i went to go to work last Tuesday and found my pitman arm seal seal let loose

lucky my local napa got the seals in the same day for me.

friday i did my wiper trans. bushings.

also the over the weekend i had to replace my ball joints. while i was at it i replaced the lower control arms with some rough country ones.  i forgot to take pics. 

• 2 weeks later...

well guys i took some days off work so i could get some things done that ive been neglecting on the jeep. so with out further ado i give you...

\

finally mounted on my krustyballer sliders.  i tried the whole nutsert thing and it ripped them out so i broke the arch welder out and stitched them on.

i also did away with my sloppy steering and upgraded to some heavy duty goodness.  it took me a little bit to figure it out but i got it on and she steers great!  iron rock offroad makes an awesome setup and i only got the 1/2 bolt version because i wanted to be able to revert back to stock if i wanted.