1986 Diesel MJ- Long Box - Metric ton on Ebay

I noticed the fuel "booster" pump located near the fuel filter.  This engine was designed to work without the use of a booster pump.  My '86 2.1L diesel Comanche also came with an owner-installed booster pump and it was the first thing that I removed.  The engine idle smoothed out quite a bit when I removed it.  I'm also not too sure that it was even in working condition so it was likely causing more of a blockage in the fuel delivery than it was helping.  Might want to consider removing it and installing a barbed coupler in its place to see if it has any positive effects on keeping the engine running.

It looks pretty clean, not all rusted out like the others that come up occasionally. Of course bondo and paint may be concealing things, but it looks like it's been a TN truck all it's life so it should be solid. Can one of you Nashville area guys go eyeball it?

I noticed the fuel "booster" pump located near the fuel filter.  This engine was designed to work without the use of a booster pump.  My '86 2.1L diesel Comanche also came with an owner-installed booster pump and it was the first thing that I removed.  The engine idle smoothed out quite a bit when I removed it.  I'm also not too sure that it was even in working condition so it was likely causing more of a blockage in the fuel delivery than it was helping.  Might want to consider removing it and installing a barbed coupler in its place to see if it has any positive effects on keeping the engine running.

Engine would not keep running so he added a booster pump to try to keep it running - it did not work.

Am I the only one who noticed he said "will run on WD40"?

If the price doesnt go through the roof in the next 6 days I will be putting in a bid or 10.

I have a bid in on it.  So far, 6 different bidders.  Top bid at the moment is $1025.  Also sent seller a couple of questions.  So far no answers.  Pictures are a little short, doesn't show the metric ton rear suspension.

Also, anyone know what the stock final drive ration was with the diesel?  4.10 or 4.56?

Good point about that black stripe along the bottom.

I believe that diesel mj's all had 4:10's. Soneone correct me if I'm wrong. $5600 is way more money then I'm will in to put up for a non running truck that is hard to get parts for. My bid will not pass 3000 and am really unsure if it will pass 2000 without getting some more pictures.

As an FYI I have put in roughly $1,000 towards parts for my diesel MJ and it's in RUNNING condition.  I would estimate about $200 of those dollars spent are on shipping charges from Europe.

No decent parts sources from the domestic Winnebago dealers?

As an FYI I have put in roughly $1,000 towards parts for my diesel MJ and it's in RUNNING condition.  I would estimate about $200 of those dollars spent are on shipping charges from Europe.

No decent parts sources from the domestic Winnebago dealers?

The only Winnebago dealer that even makes an attempt to stock and source parts for this engine is Mobility R.V., INC in Hanlontown, Iowa.  The guys there have been great trying to source the really hard-to-find stuff, but their prices can also be a bit on the high side.  For example, they sell rocker arms for $50/ea.  Those can also be had from European sources for $20/ea and typically $15-20 for shipping costs.

I bought my timing cover from them and will be placing an order for some other things in the near future. 

Yeah, thats been my big concern with the last

few diesel mjs ive looked at. Finding gas parts

is tough enough, i can't imagine trying to find

small replacement parts for this...

I guess a non-issue for me now, way past what i

was gonna bid. Good luck guys

Last time it went through i think it didnt

hit reserve at $5600 so I'm not holding my

breath. I didnt think the diesels came with

the Metric Ton package, but I'm assuming it

was with the AMC20 4.56... right?...

I did not see an old auction for this truck, BUT $5600 for a junk engine truck core project is more than I am willing to bid.  Current bid is $2025.  Seller has not responded to my questions, not a good sign.

Saw 2 MJ diesels over the summer.  The one in BC sold again, the other one was over priced and is still for sale.  Might be making an offer on that one in another month or so.   An MJ diesel project has been in the back of my mind for a long time.

Sorry I have not been more on top of this. The truck is completely solid.  The only thing even close to Bondo in it, is the spot use of glazing putty on the doors. The flat black stripe is actually bed liner and its not hiding anything. The truck was stripped with 80 grit and primed with epoxy primer prior to being top coated. The reserve is 3,000.  I'm going to be adding some additional photos of the drive train in the AM.  Any questions let me know.

Michael

Sorry I have not been more on top of this. The truck is completely solid.  The only thing even close to Bondo in it, is the spot use of glazing putty on the doors. The flat black stripe is actually bed liner and its not hiding anything. The truck was stripped with 80 grit and primed with epoxy primer prior to being top coated. The reserve is 3,000.  I'm going to be adding some additional photos of the drive train in the AM.  Any questions let me know.

Michael

Michael,  So this is your truck????

• 1 month later...