1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....

So, engine works great! But transmission just blew. That being said I'm going to sell the ECU harness and engine and swap 4.0 jeep with the ax15 in. Maybe supercharge it in the future. I never thought I'd pull an engine so any times! 3f2d4f0c166ec845253b00b44d89e714.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

So, I guess I should change the name of this to 2.8 MJ to 3.4 Turbo MJ to 86 4.0 MJ haha. Slowly swapping all the wiring engine and ax15 from a 96 cherokee classic to my MJ! In excited to have all of the fancy gadgets (auto windows, cruise, ect..)

So, I guess I should change the name of this to 2.8 MJ to 3.4 Turbo MJ to 86 4.0 MJ haha. Slowly swapping all the wiring engine and ax15 from a 96 cherokee classic to my MJ! In excited to have all of the fancy gadgets (auto windows, cruise, ect..)8e6a4303f5f6ec2f6f13eccc88821e90.jpg3e1e854b9765cd5503cea1a13ab3156d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to guess it a small speaker. I can't remember the exact name for it.

Tweeter?  Any Pre 1997 XJ I have seen has them under the lower dash cover.  1997 and later had tweeters near the inside door handle.  Never seen this set up before

f6e751f8941bfd9b17f72452abce79c6.jpga36dfa5a2b52406c31199b8994d33eea.jpg75fb66c075eef5eaedf759ec2a58762b.jpg432dd3d2e2303c348b8f446454fc2d0d.jpg Progress... slowly but shurely, interior complete, tail lights and fuel pump wired up, engine bay harness in place. Currently working on the fuel line and painting up engine accessory brackets this weekend. Next step will be fitting the engine and transmission and mounting the relocated transmission brace and welding on the front clip and radiator supports.

While you have it apart go with a 99+ Intake! Well worth the upgrade!

They actually make a supercharger kit I was thinking about getting in the future that utilizes a custom intake, or else I would of bought a 99!

They actually make a supercharger kit I was thinking about getting in the future that utilizes a custom intake, or else I would of bought a 99!

The side mount Eaton M90 kit? That requires the later 3-bolt power steering mount which you already have, so you are good to go. I'm looking at this kit too. Go ahead and get it, and let me know how if flies. I'd trust your review on this kit over the canned recommendations from people I don't know.   :yes:

The side mount Eaton kit? That requires the later 3-bolt power steering mount which you already have, so you are good to go. I'm looking at this kit myself. Go ahead and get it, and let me know how if flies. :yes:

It's some time in the future! But if I do by chance snag it before you, I'll put it in this thread!

While you have it apart go with a 99+ Intake! Well worth the upgrade!

Have you installed one?
Got it, not installed yet. Rambo is getting the DD treatment currently so the header, intake, valve seals, and brake booster are all on hold.

Did get new tires though! :D

And still looking for a unichip.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Pete M changed the title to 1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....