1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....

What part has you stumped? It took me a little while to grasp tuning a Megasquirt. I did a lot of reading and talked to guys who had done it before before I really ended up getting it.

Well I have it idling... somewhat so when I plug the MAP vac hose up to the megasquirt it revs up to 2k and wants to idle there but when I take vac off it wants to idle somewhat normal..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What part has you stumped? It took me a little while to grasp tuning a Megasquirt. I did a lot of reading and talked to guys who had done it before before I really ended up getting it.

Well I have it idling... somewhat so when I plug the MAP vac hose up to the megasquirt it revs up to 2k and wants to idle there but when I take vac off it wants to idle somewhat normal..

Is this only when it is warmed up, or at any point?  what happens when you start it with the map connected?  Same thing or runs normal?

Is this only when it is warmed up, or at any point? what happens when you start it with the map connected? Same thing or runs normal?
It happens at any point, if I start it with map connected it idles for a good 3 seconds then shoots up to 2k!

Are you using the correct GM MAP sensor for the 3.4 turbo? Check the voltage outputs.

Does the Megasquirt massage the voltage outputs like the Unichip does? I know zero about the Megasquirt system.....

The megasquirt has an internal MAP so I just ran a vac line straight to the megasquirt to avoid any problems like that

what do your O2 sensor readings look like when the RPM shoots up?  go rich, lean?  Timing changes?  

The problem with Megasquirts is that there are so many modes you can run in, that it requires asking a billion questions to figure out something simple. 

what do your O2 sensor readings look like when the RPM shoots up? go rich, lean? Timing changes?

I'll have to get you a log, mind if I PM or text you?

I'm at work at the moment, not gonna be much help lol

what do your O2 sensor readings look like when the RPM shoots up? go rich, lean? Timing changes?

The problem with Megasquirts is that there are so many modes you can run in, that it requires asking a billion questions to figure out something simple.

It goes crazy rich, in the 8s! I'm starting to think my base timing is way off.. I'll check tonight!

It goes crazy rich, in the 8s! I'm starting to think my base timing is way off.. I'll check tonight!

Yea, I'd check your base timing and fuel mapping.  Sounds like either an input parameter is off on a sensor, or you timing or A/F maps are off.  Playing the the VE tables is always fun.

IMHO, I would go through the initial startup procedures on Bowling Grippo's website like this is a first time start and double check all you settings one at a time.  It's tedious, but it will help narrow down the problem

Suggest you install the other pump in the washer tank and run the fluid hoses and wiring into the engine bay and cap them off. 'Cause when the single washer pump craps out (it will, mine did) you have to pull the fender liner, etc. to change it. With the 2nd pump plumbing and wiring in the engine bay it makes it a lot simpler. I'm all for saving myself unnecessary work.  :yes:

Suggest you install the other pump in the washer tank and run the fluid hoses and wiring into the engine bay and cap them off. 'Cause when the single washer pump craps out (it will) you have to pull the fender liner, etc. to change it. With the 2nd pump plumbing and wiring in the engine bay it makes it a lot simpler. I'm all for saving myself unnecessary work. :yes:

That has to be the smartest advice I've ever been given!! I'll do that tomorrow night!

• 2 weeks later...

Relocated the fuel feed and return lines because they were touching the exhaust and the last thing I want going down the highway is this thing catching fire. Progress is defiantly slow but sure. I'm dropping it off for a Tune on October 9th and he's keeping it a week then we should be fully functional! 4c146a5073454a5036ab13e8adb56872.jpg35ac953372812356259f11bb0bf7ff4d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Pete M changed the title to 1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....