1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....

it's an XJ Trailer.  I made a post on one a while back on here.  You buy an XJ, cut away the nose and weld in some rails, turn the back half into a trailer.  Kind of a budget/junkyard way to make an adventure trailer.  I still want to build one 

it's an XJ Trailer. I made a post on one a while back on here. You buy an XJ, cut away the nose and weld in some rails, turn the back half into a trailer. Kind of a budget/junkyard way to make an adventure trailer. I still want to build one

What he said, Well today I got the Alternator, Starter, tail and headlights working, and all of the interior accessories.

Not sure if this has been asked on this thread yet or not, but what's going on with the front of this XJ here in the background?

eb1cb29ea8aa4e3947dd1005f5b681d3.jpg

Ya what the hell is that? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the alt wiring was in the engine harness that came from the camaro... or I found a diagram online and wired it up... ?? No help, I know... and I'm away from it for the next two weeks or I could look...

Do you remember what upper and lower radiator hoses you used? Thanks for the help by the way!! If you had part numbers that'd be perfect

I'm pretty sure the alt wiring was in the engine harness that came from the camaro... or I found a diagram online and wired it up... ?? No help, I know... and I'm away from it for the next two weeks or I could look...

Do you remember what upper and lower radiator hoses you used? Thanks for the help by the way!! If you had part numbers that'd be perfect, also how did you hook up the throttle cable??

Do you remember what upper and lower radiator hoses you used? Thanks for the help by the way!! If you had part numbers that'd be perfect.

Pretty sure I used the hoses for the 2.8l. Lower for sure. Back Fri. I can get you a p/n then...

Throttle cable was from either a 3.4l camaro, or a 5.7l camaro, '94-95 vintage iirc... I got both from the jy and used the one that fit best...

Do you remember what upper and lower radiator hoses you used? Thanks for the help by the way!! If you had part numbers that'd be perfect.

Pretty sure I used the hoses for the 2.8l. Lower for sure. Back Fri. I can get you a p/n then...

Throttle cable was from either a 3.4l camaro, or a 5.7l camaro, '94-95 vintage iirc... I got both from the jy and used the one that fit best...

Thanks so much for the info! You've helped a ton so far, I don't think this is the last question I'll be asking LOL.

So I have 95% of the megasquirt harness installed minus all the extras like NOS, 2 step... ect..

Bitchin'

I'm likely to MegaSquirt my Renix 4.0 at some point.

Just save the trouble and be content with the stock ecu, I will never do this again haha, it is not fun what so ever! But that being said I went from Carb to EFI so you'll already have all of the sensors ready to go!

Just save the trouble and be content with the stock ecu, I will never do this again haha, it is not fun what so ever! But that being said I went from Carb to EFI so you'll already have all of the sensors ready to go!

See, I'm a sucker for wiring projects.  And I want wideband control and LS coil packs  :yes:

See, I'm a sucker for wiring projects. And I want wideband control and LS coil packs :yes:
Oh, okay! Coil packs are very hard to configure in Megasquirt! Distributors are the easiest because they theoretically control the coil themselves! But it would be a cool project.

• Pete M changed the title to 1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....