1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....

Not sure if this has been asked on this thread yet or not, but what's going on with the front of this XJ here in the background?

eb1cb29ea8aa4e3947dd1005f5b681d3.jpg

That my friend is a unfinished trailer project, it will resume when my engine swap is done! It looks like someone already linked you to the build thread on it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm working on the A/C brackets now, but I need some help! (See picture) could you measure the distance from the bolt that I have circled to the frame as accurately as possible so I know how much room I have to work with? 42eda1d89c8d8562c787367071188bff.jpg

There's about 6" in plane with the bolt location, but you loose some as you move back from there because the frame bulges out for the motor mount...

I wonder if the 2.8L brackets off an astro van would be any better for mounting ac and alt...  I've seen a pic of an XJ with this engine, but with the A/C high, and alt low, and supposedly he used factory stuff, but I've never figured out what vehicle had that config.   

I'm working on the A/C brackets now, but I need some help! (See picture) could you measure the distance from the bolt that I have circled to the frame as accurately as possible so I know how much room I have to work with? 42eda1d89c8d8562c787367071188bff.jpg

There's about 6" in plane with the bolt location, but you loose some as you move back from there because the frame bulges out for the motor mount...
f69f0d2526c07a999fe5f7a14fbe91ec.jpgc85765e9ec1cfa0d822d7c16aea155f2.jpg here's was my solution! Ithink works and is clear of the frame! :)

I absolutely hate wiring.  My last project ran a Megasquirt 3 with MS3X,  Coil per plug ignition and sequential injection, knock sensor, twin Map sensors, IAT, and a few integrated circuits.  Essentially, I used about 85% of both wiirng harnesses.  It took me the better part of 2 full weekends to get it ran, crimped, splices, wrapped, and tucked.  My brain hurt by the end of it.   Lots of pre-planning, triple checking, and circuit testing before you button it all up is worth it though.  Beats the hell out of having to go back through it all again because something isn't quite right.  Good luck with that, I don't envy you this task!

I'm pretty sure the alt wiring was in the engine harness that came from the camaro... or I found a diagram online and wired it up... ?? No help, I know... and I'm away from it for the next two weeks or I could look...

I'm pretty sure the alt wiring was in the engine harness that came from the camaro... or I found a diagram online and wired it up... ?? No help, I know... and I'm away from it for the next two weeks or I could look...

It's fine, well the wise guy previous owner couldn't fit the old pigtail in the Alternator so he made these little ghetto butt splices and half a@$ it in there and now I had to get a new pigtail!

• Pete M changed the title to 1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....