1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....

I think 300 hp will keep a smile on your face :D  no need to test the limits of your engine unless it's for competition like the camaro guys.  you're definitely going to want that AX-15 conversion. the AX-5 won't last long behind that power level. :(

That engine will make WAY more than that with ease. What boost are you planning on? id put a 10 lb spring in the wastegate and tune there. See what you get. 

t3/t4 junk turbo we had laying around, on a buddies junker B20 honda motor. STOCK everything, on pump gas. Totally safe tune... 12 psi it made 300/300 at the tire. thats a 2 liter. lol

So yeah you will have quite a bit of power id guess. That turbo isnt in its efficiency range till about 15 psi. So you will barely be using it. 

You have a good tuner nearby?  tune is everything. 

Hope it turns out great. Need a tuner LMK.   Dave

That engine will make WAY more than that with ease. What boost are you planning on? id put a 10 lb spring in the wastegate and tune there. See what you get.

t3/t4 junk turbo we had laying around, on a buddies junker B20 honda motor. STOCK everything, on pump gas. Totally safe tune... 12 psi it made 300/300 at the tire. thats a 2 liter. lol

So yeah you will have quite a bit of power id guess. That turbo isnt in its efficiency range till about 15 psi. So you will barely be using it.

You have a good tuner nearby? tune is everything.

Hope it turns out great. Need a tuner LMK. Dave

I might just have to hold you to that! I don't have anyone that I personally know just a few performance shops I've heard great things from!

I think 300 hp will keep a smile on your face :D no need to test the limits of your engine unless it's for competition like the camaro guys. you're definitely going to want that AX-15 conversion. the AX-5 won't last long behind that power level. :(

Anything above the measly 115hp of the 2.8 will keep me satisfied! Yes for sure, the AX- 5 will leave in time but I'm assuming that time will come soon! I'm not sure how the clutch will hold to the power increase from the new motor! I'm not sure how the T5 transmission compares to the AX- 5 but if they're anywhere near the same the AX- 5 will be slipping!

I like were this is going ! As for the clutch I'm running the center force stage 2 clutch behind my 3.4 / AX-5 and love it ! I don't have 300hp but for the beating I give it off-road and the noticeable difference from the stock it's well worth the money

• Pete M changed the title to 1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....