Roverguy93

Building a trail MJ with 4.5 inches of lift and 31s

I have a 1990 comanche that used to be a 2wd longbed. Its now a 4wd shortbed and I'm in the process of lifting and outfitting it for trails/light crawling

Should be a good little rig. Not sure if you're set on lift, but you don't need 4.5" to clear 31's, although does give more clearance/ bigger tires down the road.

This is how it sat when the lift was still at 4.5. Its sagged a little since ive had it and it rubs the flares at full flex with firestone destination MTs

Nice that would have been cool. I was originally going to do that or do a Jurassic world scheme but I'm just going to keep originally body color. My wrangler is a JP Jeep

Time for an update. I spent an hour writing this and the page reloaded and deleted everything so here's the short story. The Fox shocks I bought were stupid long. Only had an inch of up^travel. don't trust large companies warranties.

Found an ARB bumper 350$ and a D44 with a Detroit trutrac 390$. Picked em both up in my buddies gen 1 4runner.

Bumper looks awesome but axle still needs perches and shorter driveshaft

Picked up some RC shackles to level out the back and it looks niiiiice

Always more to do

-tranny swap

-strip and paint

-rock sliders

-bolt up the t case skid

-set up the 44 to install

Pics to follow

Update: no longer at fort drum yay!

Also not in the army anymore YAAAAY!

I stripped all the plastidip off so its a multicolored monster right now. The dana 44 is in the rear and the trutrac works good. New alcan leafs in the rear. Sits nice now and no more spring wrap. I'm currently in ohio for hobarts welding school. Will update