wheels 89 manche

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

got the tie in mostly done and started blending. not to happy with how it came out, and will probably add some body filler to make it smoother, or just say screw it and throw some spray paint on for now. we'll see.

didnt get any pics but i also swapped out the stock pump for a walbro 255lph unit and added a fuelab regulator i had laying around. (for those who may not know, the xj i robbed all my wiring and fuel system from was a 96 with the regulator built into the sending unit) i have an aem wideband to install and hope to do a lil fine tuning on the regulator. the new pump definitely supports the stroker alot better than the worn out stock unit, but I'm still chasing a random miss down low somewhere. the tank is now recessed in the bed vs sitting in the "stand" i built for it. i moved it back a good foot and the straps bolt through one of the bed crossmembers in front and a 1/4 thick piece of 1" strap at the rear

put the doors back on for now since ive still yet to pick up cage tubing. and gave er o good ol windex spit shine lol

808VhgC.jpg

LTNuwCK.jpg

j4rdkpP.jpg

eXZcKFJ.jpg

GEuWeC3.jpg

bslgjNE.jpg

gQdtOfM.jpg

EwccTCP.jpg

xZHiGCS.jpg

ulOVxgR.jpg

XQtXWnX.jpg

IgPVSwf.jpg

oh and i trimmed my ubolts, but after i took these pics lol

• 9 months later...

wow, didnt realize i havent updated this in 9 months! lol

not a whole lot has changed, bought a house in january with a nice big garage, recently finished a ls swap on my white obs chevy, the jeeps been sitting or used as a back-up daily lately but has had a few changes so to summarize:

sectioned the tailgate so it fits the  dovetailed bed

did an extrernal slave swap, came from a tj so the t-case is now clocked up higher

"fancified" exhaust tip

i broke a rear u-joint and yoke and warped the leaf springs real bad after a 4k clutch dump... made a "bastard pack" with the main and second leafs from an explorer pack and the remaining good mj leafs. this lowered the rear a good 2 inches so i relocated the shocks and cut about a full coil off the front RE 5.5" coils to get it close to level. i also broke an axle ujoint so the front has 2 fresh joints now. sadly, thats really all thats changed...

last time i wheeled was november?? anyways, here's a random assortment of pics

Ut6Mr1c.jpg

h5PM7go.jpg

HAvKd8d.jpg

bNKecRU.jpg

XQZhIPJ.png

Y7EhwT1.png

XeFa9J6.png

Bkuyiun.png

3WAQiHN.jpg

keRSGlV.jpg?2

gEr67Ny.jpg

2xPAOtA.jpg

O92jykh.jpg

1ypOGTT.jpg

XqI28II.jpg

PjhmcL7.jpg

3rjqRb6.jpg

yQJKbRj.jpg

p4bbCiK.jpg

mMg953C.jpg

and last but not least, the wife and i are expecting our second child next year!

njyAfY2.jpg

impressive truck!  :drool:

your "big Jeep" skills are spot on, but you need to step up the "little Jeep" game. :D  I added things like better gearing, better tires, better steering wheel, and a multi-position seat (for my older nephew), but the best part is under the seat hides a lawn tractor battery.  :comanche:  still only 12 volts, but gives a ton more play time!

14 hours ago, wheelsaz08 said:

thanks! and nice little jeep! ive been meaning to get around to upgrading my daughters but, I'm also tossing around the idea of building her a small tube buggy/go-kart lol 

If I had more skills (or at least a welder) I'd be all over that plan as my eldest nephew is pushing 8 and the little Jeep is becoming a bit of a squeeze.  the beauty of the power wheels is that they can only get into so much trouble at 5mph.  :D   there are some PW websites out there and I've seen 4wd conversions, lifts, 18volt conversions and all sorts of crazyness.