Where I left off the tie rod hit the track bar bracket when the wheels where fully turned. So I tried a v8 ZJ tie rod I had because it has a slight bent to it, and I thought it might clear. It didn't so I cut the mount down 3" to make room.

1LIoqoAl.jpg

Because I raised the frame side of the track bar, I needed to raise the pitman arm so I could reduce the bumpsteer it will get. I chose a TJ pitman arm because it has the least amount of drop that I could find, and it's the same length. The YJ arms are 1" shorter than the XJ/MJ, the TJ arms are 1/2" shorter than that. (TJ = 1.5" less drop than XJ/MJ)

LdKvlGql.jpg

The big issue with raising the frame side mount of the track bar is that the track bar would contact the oil pan with little suspension travel. So I made version #2 of my track bar setup. It's solid 1".

DJDtpwwl.jpg

9UUkem6l.jpg?1

DV3sN7al.jpg

nn4eO1al.jpg

One of the last little things I needed to do for its maiden voyage was to shorten up a set of sway bar end links.

kohbOtHl.jpg

f6yBRPSl.jpg

Incase I forgot the sway bar I used is 1". I have a 1.125" bar that might eventually go in. Also I left the v8 ZJ tie rod in because I couldn't break the rod ends free on the factory one.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So 1 day before my deadline of my wedding. I did a tape measure alignment and took it for a drive. Everything went great.

YukZOhhl.jpg

v7fWApll.jpg

6V2n58Kl.jpg

6keaca7l.jpg?1

6v94UkOl.jpg

I entered it in the PA All Breeds Jeep Show a few weeks later. I have been going to this Jeep show every year since 2006 and this was the first Jeep I ever entered in the show. I was nervous to say the least. It was definitely a outcast especially at a off road event. But most people really liked it, it takes a certain taste to like a lowered jeep truck. This was 2015 show. I have since been to the 2016 show, however I brought the Comanche, but I didn't have enough time that day to enter it in the show.

gNxiQqfl.jpg

6Ryk54Bl.jpg

psnzS7Zl.jpg

I was hoping I would open my hood and this would be inside one day. This guy was pretty cool, and there are some videos on YouTube of him.

8nQXQK3l.jpg

Lots of Comanches at the show that year, Earl*T was there and he is the one who said I need to join Comanche Club. I'm pretty sure these are members trucks as well.

hbfrx71l.jpg

I am currently trying to find some missing photos from other parts of the build. Steering damper brackets and clamp build, Wilwood clutch master install / how to make that work. I had it corner weighed at Ray Barton's Racing Engines and have pictures of the scale with the weights. I had a computer failure a while ago and I'm missing a bunch of pictures.

More to come.. Sorry if it takes me a while.

• 2 years later...

It’s been awhile...

Here’s a update. I still have the truck. 

I now have a son who is already 1.5 years old. He is the best thing in the world. But my whole life was on hold for a while. All is well now, but he had to have 2 surgeries before he was born, and 1 when he was a few days old. All I can say is I’m thankful for all the people at the Children’s Hospital Of Philadelphia. 

Then me being me, I broke my leg riding dirt bike and had to have a titanium rod hammered through my knee down to my ankle.

But on to the truck. I have slowly been collecting and building parts to build a turbo 4.6 stroker. Using a 12 counterweight crank, Russ Pottenger pistons, rods, cam, ect... Edelbrock head, Precision 6266 turbo, Precision 46mm wastegate, tuning with Megasquirt MS3x. 

Currently I have the turbo, wastegate, built the megasquirt, crank, and I have a Vortech air to water intercooler.I have a bunch of other parts ready to go. Currently I am in the process of the turbo mounting. 

Its going slowly, but when we buy a new house (with a nice garage) I will get back to it.

499CE114-DD23-4CA1-83A0-87D223F05311.jpeg

absolutely love this build, funny i've been to all breeds many times as Gap is my hometown and sadly i don't know if i've seen this thing before. maybe this year ill make it up with my manche! i wish i had seen this build before i even started mine, you gave me some ideas haha, love the wheels btw. as for the attachment quality I'm not certain

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, jeeptruck636 said:

Quick question. Does anybody know if there is anyway to increase the attachment quality on mobile?

send a message to Kryptronic.  He's the wizard in charge of all the 1s and 0s. :L: