I just bought a Hobart Handler 140 Mig today to learn on and as soon as I have money again I'll be buying those plates.

I have yours made up... And I don't know if I would weld up the hitch with a 110v welder.... Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I just bought a Hobart Handler 140 Mig today to learn on and as soon as I have money again I'll be buying those plates.

I have yours made up... And I don't know if I would weld up the hitch with a 110v welder.... Doesn't seem like a good idea.

Dude,

Glad you are learning to weld.  Wish I had learned.  BUT, you really should learn to weld on something much less critical than a trailer hitch.  Believe me, it is no fun when your trailer gets a mind of its own about where it wants to go or if something fails.  I would leave the welding to someone who really knows what they are doing on a critical part.  The extra $50 is really cheap money for a quality welding job.  Not to mention how long it will take a learner to do it right and correct the certain mistakes.  Just my take on the matter.

At the very least he could mock up and tack weld it together to have someone else finish the welds.

On another note, just received my completed  hitch yesterday.  Definitely worth the money.  Now to go get it powder coated  :D

Dude,

Glad you are learning to weld. Wish I had learned. BUT, you really should learn to weld on something much less critical than a trailer hitch. Believe me, it is no fun when your trailer gets a mind of its own about where it wants to go or if something fails. I would leave the welding to someone who really knows what they are doing on a critical part. The extra $50 is really cheap money for a quality welding job. Not to mention how long it will take a learner to do it right and correct the certain mistakes. Just my take on the matter.

I never said the first thing I was trying to weld would be the hitch.

I'm definitely going to practice more and when I get around to doing it I have friends who can weld that will show me how best to do it.

And it would be an extra $105 for me actually.

I understand that you have a while for your next batch of plates/pre-welded hitches. But, could you PM me a total cost of a complete welded hitch, shipped to 93444 or a business in 93420 if cheaper than the other. Thanks. 

They say the most important day in a man's live is when he gets hitched. So you should all buy one from krusty.

Although krusty you need to come up with a snazzy logo like draw tites for future orders and slap in in that spot

Thanks for the support and pictures. And I would do some kind of logo but that would cost more and I'm sure most people don't wanna pay for sticker. Ha.

Krusty-hitches. "When there's no other option"

Have you done anything with your plates yet?

And that quote sounds so wrong in so many ways. Lol

hahahaha. I haven't YET I just got done replacing my leaf springs and reversing the hanger bolt so I can EASILY use the 4th hole. And I'm nervous on the removability of my bunmper bolts so I'm procrastinating

Awesome Krusty!! Was just looking at my COMANCHE and considering the options for towing next year. Perfect timing dude!! Will be ordering a set after my move in October, keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to installing mine after painting it.  Bolted right up without a hitch...or with one in this case  :yes: 

Definitely worth my money, and if I had another comanche, I would order a second one.  :thumbsup:

I finally got around to installing mine after painting it.  Bolted right up without a hitch...or with one in this case  :yes: 

Definitely worth my money, and if I had another comanche, I would order a second one.  :thumbsup:

Thank you. Post up some pictures when you can.