I'm assuming everyone wanting a kit would still want me to drill the hole in the receiver tube for the pin to go through...?

Had a thought this weekend I was at a couple yard sales and theres always old hitches sitting around. If you use these plates and find a used hitch thats wider than the MJ all you would have to do is cut the plates off the old hitch weld on the new plates and done as most tube is standard size.

And ya, you could do that as long as the tube is 2.5"...

I'm thoroughly jealous of how nice your rear bumper is... and tailgate... and undercarriage...... damn Massachusetts winters

Well everything just got redone and it hasn't seen an Indiana winteryet, this year will be it's first since the restoration so...you won't be jealous long. Ha.

Got my hitch plates in today's mail.  Package was damage in the mail.  But the hitch plates look GREAT.  Nice clean cut 4 nice bolt holes.

Lost two spacers in transit.  Have 4.   As a suggestion.  Tape the 2 brackets together  and use a smaller box (if the Post office has one).  Also tape or wire tie all the spacers together.  Add some cardboard to the inside of the box to restrict the the plates movement. 

Got my hitch plates in today's mail.  Package was damage in the mail.  But the hitch plates look GREAT.  Nice clean cut 4 nice bolt holes.

Lost two spacers in transit.  Have 4.   As a suggestion.  Tape the 2 brackets together  and use a smaller box (if the Post office has one).  Also tape or wire tie all the spacers together.  Add some cardboard to the inside of the box to restrict the the plates movement. 

that is the smallest box they have that the plates fit in. the spacers were ziptied to the plates.  i figured the post office would take more care of packages. that kinda makes me mad... i can send 2 more spacers if you want me too... ive got a couple more sets to ship out today. ill say something to them. they packaged them there. i just gave them the plates and they said theyd be safe in that box. 

sorry for the inconvenience 

Had a thought this weekend I was at a couple yard sales and theres always old hitches sitting around. If you use these plates and find a used hitch thats wider than the MJ all you would have to do is cut the plates off the old hitch weld on the new plates and done as most tube is standard size.

And ya, you could do that as long as the tube is 2.5"...

This would be beneficial, especially if the parts hitch has the rating stickers still on it.

I think some places, like uhaul, check your hitch to make sure it is proper for whatever you are towing.

A 100% homemade hitch would not have a rating on it for them to check.

At uhaul our hitches come with the rating decals on it. We don't keep extras around. And if anyone's close by Arizona. Uhaul just needs a comanche to use as a prototype and they can build MJ hitches.

Why go through the hassle though when I've already done all the work?... And for cheaper than my cost?

Are these designed to be "high and tight" with the fey bumpers or just OEM?  

My factory hitch is several inches below the Fey I have. 

thanks ---

There's a lot of people asking how they fit to a few bumper. Do you have any pictures of yours with your factory hitch?

Can I get a set of just the sides without the square hole?

I have a factory hitch of this style with a perfect square tubing and hitch receiver, but the side mounts are rusty and thinner than I'd like.

Got mine a few days ago.

Very well packed and these things are BEEFY

puts my bumper brackets and rear frame to shame!

Thanks Krusty, you da real mvp :bowdown:

thank you post up pictures when you get it built and mounted up. 

I will, i have a fey bumper so when i get it done we will know the fitment on feys

Got mind the other day. Package came in a little dented but nothing unexpected. The zip ties did well. And plates look great. My bumper bolts on the other hand aren't going to come out as well as these look. Haha

Got mind the other day. Package came in a little dented but nothing unexpected. The zip ties did well. And plates look great. My bumper bolts on the other hand aren't going to come out as well as these look. Haha

I lucked out with mine since I did it all after the resto all the bolts were broke loose and new. Hopefully all the bolts come out and you don't have to drill any of the nuts out. Good luck.