i am answering questions as we go and updating this post so read it as often as possible if you need to know anything... /uploads/archive/03e8812c8c7ff7b3a20051bf54c497d0/e0e2a5dcb544169ce9ca5212a00dd040.jpg    

NEW PRICES due to new material and higher steel costs AND cost of packaging.

Option A: $115 per set, spacers welded on plates (this price INCLUDES shipping)

Option B: $235 for a fully built, ready to go hitch with bolts + shipping          -these prices include nuts, bolts and washers (was a $3 extra, now included)    PM me your order with your name, address and paypal email address.      these are laser cut 1/4". the dimensions are the same as the stock hitch. 3 upper holes go through the frame(1/2" hole), the lower hole is the leaf spring bolt (you can cut this hole off if you don't want to use the leaf spring bolt) Designed to use a 2.5" cross tube that runs through the plate to be welded on both sides, unlike factory which butts up against it and welded on only one side. Comes with 6 1"x1" spacers with 1/2" holes per set. these spacers are included so that the plate sits flush against the rear bumper bracket. (not pictured) These fit SWB and LWB     once money is received through paypal i will ship.   plates will be sent flat rate through the post office. full hitches will be sent through UPS    ill update as much as i can with pictures and answer any questions anybody has.   *i am a CWB qualified welder. **i accept NO responsibility or liability on the hitch plates/spacers you purchase. once theyre shipped, any failure or problems with performance due to misuse is the buyer's responsibility. ***if you purchase a fully built hitch i accept NO responsibility or liability on the full assembly. once shipped, any failure or problems with performance due to misuse is the buyer's responsibility. **** i accept NO responsibility or liability if you purchase the mounting hardware and The bolts fail due to misuse.     thanks, i hope this helps alot of people out. I'm not in it to make a killing, just enough to make more products if needed and to cover my time. -Brandon   When everybody wants to place an order, to make this smoother for everybody, could you PM me with all of this information:   Name Address EMAIL     Read last post and picture on this first page!        

I am interested in a set.

These work for LWB and SWB correct?

Can you go into a little more detail on what has to be added/done to have a complete hitch?

yes fit all trucks, edited my post to include that. 

*you will need a stick of 2.5"x2.5"x 1/4" wall square tubing 47" long (thats allows 5/16" sticking through to the outside of the plates to weld to) 

*then youll need a another piece of 2.5"x2.5"x1/4" wall square tubing 7" long with the hole cut in it for your pin to go through. 

*a piece of 2"x3"x1/4" or 2"x4"x1/4" angle 10" long (the size of this piece is personal preference. it ties in the cross tube to the reciever part and it originally bolted to the stock    bumper. 

*somehow to hook your safety chains to. factory was a piece of like 3/8" round stock bent into an "oval" shape and welded to the bottom of the receiver tube. 

Can I get a price quote on a fully welded ready to install hitch?

That'd be a nice option...I'm not a certified welder (maybe certifiable, but not certified).  I'd likely take the plates TO a welder an ask them to put it all together for me.  Might be worth it to just get it in the mail.  Thanks for putting in the work here.  I'll wait for a reply before I pull the trigger, but I'll be buying something from you soon.

Can I get a price quote on a fully welded ready to install hitch?

That'd be a nice option...I'm not a certified welder (maybe certifiable, but not certified).  I'd likely take the plates TO a welder an ask them to put it all together for me.  Might be worth it to just get it in the mail.  Thanks for putting in the work here.  I'll wait for a reply before I pull the trigger, but I'll be buying something from you soon.

Edited my 1st post to include complete hitch price. $180 .I already quotes 2 complete for a little cheaper but I just priced the tube and it was a little more than I thought so came up a little bit on my price.

whats flat rate cost for shipping on just plates? do you know yet?

I don't know yet. Wanted towait til I had them cut out tonight to take them tomorrow to find a box that fits and everything. I think it's like $14.But on the plates, that's included in the price! Only the complete hitch is an additional cost.

Just to clear that up^^ I'll edit the post better when I have more info.

From the orders so far, I'm going to have to prove shipping for complete hitches quick! Wow! A lot more people want them than I was expecting.

Besides tail lamps, an MJ rear receiver hitch has topped the most wanted list for MJ owners for years since the commercial supply dried up. I'm good to go as I grabbed a couple of the U-Haul hitches before the supply dried up, but hopefully you are going to finally fulfill the need for other CC members. Every MJ with the factory rear step bumper needs a hitch, whether you use it once a week or once a year.

Thanks for your efforts so far, and most of all thanks for shutting down all the ad nauseaum "discussions" that have gone on for years on this subject. I've followed your diesel build thread closely, and your work has always been innovative and first class. I would have no hesitations purchasing this hitch if I needed one.   :thumbsup:

Besides tail lamps, an MJ rear receiver hitch has topped the most wanted list for MJ owners for years since the commercial supply dried up. I'm good to go as I grabbed a couple of the U-Haul hitches before the supply dried up, but hopefully you are going to finally fulfill the need for other CC members. Every MJ with the factory rear step bumper needs a hitch, whether you use it once a week or once a year.

Thanks for your efforts so far, and most of all thanks for shutting down all the ad nauseaum "discussions" that have gone on for years on this subject. I've followed your diesel build thread closely, and your work has always been innovative and first class. I would have no hesitations purchasing this hitch if I needed one.   :thumbsup:

thank you very much. and tail lights,well..., we have a pretty good supply of those too. and luckily havent had to use any as replacements. 

I sent you a PM.  Definitely interested in option C. You had great timing on this, because I have been struggling for a while to get a hitch for my truck.  I want to tow my little john boat and occasionally a car dolly, and I just don't trust my rear bumper.  

I was wondering though... Does it matter if we have a LWB?  Will these plates or the hitch work with either?

I sent you a PM.  Definitely interested in option C. You had great timing on this, because I have been struggling for a while to get a hitch for my truck.  I want to tow my little john boat and occasionally a car dolly, and I just don't trust my rear bumper.  

I was wondering though... Does it matter if we have a LWB?  Will these plates or the hitch work with either?

They fit SWB AND LWB.

I willbe at badlands in Attica,IN, Saturday August 1st for the club meeting. If anybody wants their plates or full hitches that weekend to save on shipping, let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and send your money so I can have it all ready. I will have the plates there with me no matter what. But unless you let me know, I won't have any extra hitches built and ready to sell...

$65 sent via PayPal.

Thanks for taking on this project!!!!

shipped today. 

ive sent paypal requests for all the HITCH PLATES that have been ordered. 

I'm going to run to UPS here in a bit and try to get an exact cost for the full hitches. on the 4 ive priced online so far, 3 of them are about $45 and the 4th one to california is $93... so that is probably gonna be the shipping cost range- $40-$100. if the online quotes match what the store quotes me then this will go quicker.

i built the first full hitch today, for myself. there are still a few things i would change to make them look better. But for the most part this is what theyll look like.

This is not welded out! 

this piece of angle is one thing i will change, for cosmetic purposes only. this is 2"x3" angle. i will have pieces broke that are 2.5"x3.5" to use. 

also, i would like to figure something else out for the safety chain loops, again, for cosmetic purposes only. these "loops" are just a piece of 2"x6" tubing cut to 1/4" thick. 

ends of the cross tube will be capped off and ground flush. (or i can leave them open if requested) 

This is just a heads up!!! This piece you put your hitch ball into has a seam on the inside! i will put the seam on the bottom side. you may have to grind a slot in your hitch ball so it will fit and slide over this seam. i could have got "seamless" tubing but it would have raised the cost quite a bit!  i have never had a problem with just running a small groove in my hitches to get them to slide in over this seam. 

I would like to know if you have thought about offering a complete kit not welded? If so I would like to purchase and do all the welding my self. 

i could do that. for $130. if you weld it yourself i could see it being that much cheaper but taking it somewhere to have it welded, i don't see it being any cheaper... 

Not a bad idea! Save on shipping I'm sure too

and shipping would be the same, its still the same size. length and weight... 

Had a thought this weekend I was at a couple yard sales and theres always old hitches sitting around. If you use these plates and find a used hitch thats wider than the MJ all you would have to do is cut the plates off the old hitch weld on the new plates and done as most tube is standard size.