8ndat1.jpg

I pulled it out of an XJ that was tagged as a 1989.  It was a 4.0, auto.  Any idea what the idiot light is?  I do not need a tach.  And I like the gas gauge being larger.  This will eventually make its way into a 1988 4.0 auto 4x4 MJ.  I need to clean it and make sure that it has working lights.

Did I make a mistake in buying this cluster?

What idiot light?

The bottom left gauge is an idiot light.  Not a gauge.  The top left is engine temp, the top right is oil temp, and the bottom right is battery.  The big left gauge is gas and the big right gauge is speed.

No, the bottom left is not an idiot light. It's a blank space. That's where the fuel gauge goes for the clusters that have a tachometer.

Cool. Then I will clean it up and put it in. My wife is giving me a few hours to work on the jeep this weekend for Father's Day. I can do this and finish my coolant reservoir repair. W00t.

The 3/4 cluster I have in my MJ right meow is basically the same. Mine has the old logo in it. Yours may have the "low fuel" light in that spot. 

Any idea what the idiot light is?

It's a comically large 'LOW FUEL' light, complete with a little symbol of a gas pump.

Maybe it is the gas light. That will be great. The gas tank dumps out gas onto the ground. I have a feeling the feels it gets too good gas mileage