Here a few pics from when the family and I went camping for a night. Going back up there this spring to camp for the week end and wheel. Some nice trails up there. Didn't get to many pics but will later this summer.

My daughter and I watched a butterfly come out of her cocoon. It was cool

Some night wheeling, we only stayed one night. But a must to go again, nice trails around there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah gotta switch to xj for family sake. Can't wheel without my kids. The MJ was good for me and my 4yr old but now have a 5month old and can't take her in the truck, so got to switch being I can only afford or "only allowed by the women" to build up, one project. So gots too. But I will not stray far from my plans for stock to beast. And I will have an MJ again. Once the XJ is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Well got my RK LA kit today. To bad it has to go on my XJ. But If I like it I guess I'll just pick up another MJ and put a RK kit on her.

So I guess this tread will turn into my XJ tread.

Rock Krawler 3 Link Long arm Set up... http://motionoffroad.com/catalog/index. ... ucts_id=33

My brake lines from Rusty's...

My AX-15/231 Combo going in to complete 4x4...

jamminz.gif

Going back to the tube doors. Without doors does it not flex the unibody? I wanted to do tube doors but i don't want to screw anything up.

the doors are not as structural as you'd think. they only have 2 mounting points and one latch point...3 points don't hlep the body much in a rollover and don't control flex.

• 1 month later...

Started working on the 8.8. Taking the perches back off getting it ready for the 1 1/2" UBE. :brows: End of the week I'll be ording the last of everything then it is on for the build up.

And this pics is thanks to Pete, thought I share for reference...

Track bar with a new heim joint, Heim was $11.20 but the shipping was $16.50, but they got great deals on heims, going to build my own X steering with heims.. http://www.midwestcontrol.com/

YJ slip yoke $60 bucks shipped to my door from http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/detai ... 02855.html

Frame to axle extended brake line, $50 from local jeeper

Custom Crossmember with 1" TC drop by Dune Coon...

6.5" Coil springs

3/4" D shackles, priceless, $10 each

The sound bar I got for free... :brows:

And a before pic of coarse

Well with Dune Coon's help, got the ube on tonight.

Got the 8.8 up on jack stands

Me...

Dune Coon...

Did a little grinding on the UBE to get that snug fit...

A little touch up to better suit Dune Coon...

Now some measuring...

Measured off Dune Coon's Jeep

Pinion angle was set at 88*

Cut off axles mounts for emergency brake cable bing they hit the UBE, being the width was center to center spring bolt hole, 43 3/8"

Then spot welded to keep UBE from tweaking...

Now for a full weld...

Then the rest of them...

1 1/2" spring under????

@#$% no!!

Shock mounts pretty much kept in stock position up on axle... lined them up in the middle with the outside edge of UBE..

Done @#$%er... Dune Coon Customs

Have to give thanks to Dune Coon for he is a busy guy, but he has helped me out when needed. And even more being that the same time last year he helped me put perches on this same 8.8 and put it under my MJ. So Thanks again Dune Coon. :beerbang: