That is a really cool truck. I would suggest you gusset those like mounts. With the forces they will see in a truck that tall they will probably fail. Other that that I'm digging it. Totally different from the norm. Good work!

You'll probably fail

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a really cool truck. I would suggest you gusset those like mounts. With the forces they will see in a truck that tall they will probably fail. Other that that I'm digging it. Totally different from the norm. Good work!

You'll probably fail

well, they are kinda hanging out in the breeze. :yes:   I would add a flat gusset across the pairs of tabs so they look more like this:

101584_2006-5.jpg

awesome build!  :thumbsup:

figured as much, but being the internet and all, you might want to add in the smiles when ya do that.  otherwise someone might really think you are a jerk. :thumbsup: 

• 2 weeks later...

Drilled into the gas tank while mounting the radiator. Easy fix would of been to patch the holes. But theres always room for improvement

image.jpg

This keg should do the trick. And the fact that it fits perfectly next to the radiator is a sign I made the right choice

image.jpg

Mounted the pedals today. all three had to be modified. Tight fit but I'll get used to it

image.jpg

Transfer case is in place and coilovers should be in tomorrow

Made the dash this week. I'm bidding on some gauges on eBay so hopefully i get those. Dash will be blue to match links

image.jpg

Shocks came in. 2.5" shocks, 3" springs, 40.5" when fully extended. Assembled them and filled them with nitrogen

image.jpg

image.jpg

WOW those are some big tires and wheels, 46s.

What coilover brand are those?  What spring rating did you use?  Price?

We need to come by and check out your build.  My son is in your area on a regular basis visiting friends.

WOW those are some big tires and wheels, 46s.

What coilover brand are those? What spring rating did you use? Price?

We need to come by and check out your build. My son is in your area on a regular basis visiting friends.

They are first over all. (FOA) the front springs are 100/200. The rear are 100/150. $1625 shipped to my door.

Anyone is welcome to come check it out

Thanks, I was looking at ProFender 2.0 were like $1540 shipped with springs.

I think that I will go with these FOA 2.5 for $1625 shipped. They are USA based and seem to have more offroad experience and advice.

Yes when I talked to them they seemed very knowledgeable. I told them what I was building and that I wanted softer springs for more drop flex, and they told me what they recommended. They are based out of Las Vegas and it took about a month from when I ordered them to when I got them. The staff seemed nice and I had them throw in a couple shirts and extra stickers lol

Anyone that wants to check the truck out can email me at onespeedmatt@gmail.com. Or you can see it at jeep invasion in wildwood nj on June 19. Thats the deadline I'm trying to meet for this to be running and driving. It certainly won't be done by then but it will hopefully move under it's own power