• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far I've been a Florida native and been offroading....

I seen Florida mud/swamps swallow trucks this high with ease...

Looking good though...maybe I'll see it one day at an event

So your saying there's mud that will swallow this thing up? What a crazy concept I had no idea there was mud that deep anywhere. I thought I could drive this thing to Europe

• 2 weeks later...

Motor was dropped in this weekend. Job was too easy thanks to rims that allowed the truck to fit in the garage, the removable front clip, the chain hoist, and of course d2b4ker1s help

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Coilovers were ordered from FOA last week. 16" of travel. 40.5" overall when extended. 2.5" shock and 3" springs. Can't wait until they come in

WOW do you get nose bleeds getting into the cab??

Hell, how do you get TO the cab!? Sweet build!

Jerry

Running boards will be fabbed that run from wheel well to wheel well. And I'll have to climb up the tire to get up on to them. We tossed around ideas about ladders but couldn't come up with a clean enough look for what I like. I don't want anything gaudy LOL. from the tires up I want the clean look no big bumpers or big lights. The only exception will be the air filter sticking through the hood. Which I'm sure I'll hear plenty of opinions about because I'm not going to snorkel it or run the intake in the cab. But it will be 6' above the ground and I don't plan on going in anything quite that deep

Got the driver side running board installed. Disassembled front 4 link to full weld links and mounts. Painted links and frame and reassembled. Rear will be done soon

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Trying to get all of the suspension done so when my coilovers arrive I can mount them and have it sitting pretty

Finished rear links today. Color is Rustoleum sail blue. Love it. Going to roll on some Rustoleum semi gloss black on the frame. Used a rattle can in the tight spots. Also added some weld close-ups I was proud of

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is a really cool truck. I would suggest you gusset those link mounts. With the forces they will see, in a truck that tall they will probably fail. Other that that I'm digging it. Totally different from the norm. Good work!