• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you guys i want my truck to be different. I am adding a Poison Spyder hood louver from a newer Wrangler.  I just have it bolted down for now, I need to cut the holes for the vents to work. I will do a write up on it when I do it.  I also started on repairing my headliner. There were some weak spots in the fiberglass. I probably could have gotten by as it was but I didn't want to take a chance. 

• 1 month later...

I know this sounds crazy but I wasn't happy with the paint job on my pickup so I am redoing it myself. My dad was a body man for years (he passed years ago) so I knew a little. I did a lot of reading and you tubing and decided to tackle it myself since I blew my wad with the other joker.  The longer I had it back the more I noticed the lack of detail and CARING the guy put into the job. I have way to much money and time in this thing to put up with half @$$ work so it is completely torn apart and all I have left to do is the cab. I started with the hood since I had to cut the holes for the louvers and it would be laying flat to minimize runs. It turned out good so I took the bed off and lo and behold it turned out good. I bought some U-pol Raptor bedliner and redid the bed inside and out. I don't know how he was able to get runs in the bedliner he sprayed but he did. I am really happy with how it turned out. Next were the fenders and doors. I still need to do the bedliner on those but it has turned to cold to do it now. With plenty of overtime at work it has been hard to find the time sometimes to get it done but I am plugging along. I will post some photos when photobucket wants to cooperate. 

0dNZD0F.jpgHwduVid.jpg9FZFGJF.jpg

My tailgate had a lot of slop when closed so I came up with an idea to help. I adjusted everything as far as it would go and it was still to loose. I basically welded in a 1/8 inch spacer where the latch goes. Not sure if it works or not since I still haven't gotten it all put together but I don't see why not.

• 4 weeks later...

PwT4nGjh.jpgqx3jQOZh.jpgm61isEwh.jpgq9hsdtVh.jpg

xibN7E6h.jpg

df3qqqTh.jpg

Well, I finally got the paint finished,  seam sealed and bed lined the floor inside, and I tinted the windows. Been real busy. Now I'm getting ready to install the amp and subs. I got a Kenwood 5 channel amp and some Pioneer subs. I got a premium install kit that was over a hundred bucks because the last kit I had in another vehicle corroded inside the plastic and it quit turning on the amp. I was trouble shooting and the cheap chinese wire had turned black inside the plastic. Well, I better get busy. 

Oh, yea. I almost forgot. The shims I welded in the tailgate latches work like a charm. No slop at all. And I took out the back slider and installed a single piece. I learned a hard lesson on that. Let your sealant warm in the sun for awhile or else it is a real bear to squeeze out. I'm going to be posting some parts for sale soon.

Thanks, I would gladly take you for a spin. The SBC conversion isn't bad at all if you use Novak parts. The wiring ideas I got from a website called Mad electrical.  I haven't had a single problem with anything. I enjoy it so much more now that I have the interior in- lots quieter. I ordered black carpet to upholster the back wall so i'm waiting on it to come in before I put the amp and subs in. I also ordered some Pioneer surface mount speakers, I thought they would sound better than the low mounted factory ones. I will mount them up high behind the seats. I'm thinking a flat shelf across the back floor to sit the subs on and the amp mounted in between and all the wiring hid or cleanly ran. Should look and sound decent. I'm almost 52 and need my hearing to last but I do like it to sound good. By the way, I looked for your build thread and couldn't find it. Maybe I'm going about all wrong. I liked what you were doing with yours. 

I knew I shouldn't have left Missouri. Those deals are few and far between in CA. Truck is going to be a beast when it's done. When that V8 rumble gets in you blood it's hard to get out. There is no cure. Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy that did my exhaust told me it would be loud if I had him dump them in front of the axle. He was right. They are flo master 40's. When I have the back wall all done it should be better. I love the rumble, though. It spins about 1875 rpm at 67 mph so it's not really bad. I don't hot rod it, the gas mileage already sucks.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

kJiVv34l.jpg

I got the back wall carpeted. Turned out real good. Made a shelf for the subs to sit on but still need to carpet it. Just sat the speakers in to make sure everything clears and it does-by a finger width. Still need to hook up the wires but I think I will be on 12's the rest of the week and Saturday so not going to get much done.