A little update. I hit a deer on the way to work yesterday. Luckily it was a small one and had it's head down so all it did was crush the bumper and crack the header panel. The only other change lately is I added a Holley carb. Have about 3600 miles and going strong. The first thing I thought of after I stopped was that I hope I didn't mess up the radiator. That thing was expensive!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I traveled to Clovis New Mexico this past week to meet my newest grandson and while I was there I went to a salvage yard to see if I could scrounge up any parts. I lucked out and got all this for $54 and some change. The bumper will fix the damage I got from hitting the deer a couple weeks ago. Hopefully the back window and rubber surround will fix the leak in the old slider. Also picked up the screen under the cowl vent and the trim above and below the grille.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I wasn't quite happy with the power of the stock 350 so I upgraded a bit. I ran across a set of low mileage (5000)  Dart/Summit vortec heads and a matching intake. I also bought a Howards 267 degree cam with .450/.450 lift. While I had it apart I decided to put all new bearings and rings in it for a budget rebuild. It is more to my liking now, though I do wish I would have went just a tad bigger on the cam. Other than that I haven't done much.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got an appt. to get her painted. White it will be. The guy is going to mix white in some rhino liner and apply it up to the body line across the bottom. He is also going to rhino line the bed. I have been busy ordering all new rubber trim and seals for the doors. He is also going to replace the rear slider with a one pc. I will finally get my upstairs back when I get it all put together. Super excited.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...