Yea I would have bought tailgate when I got the seats but he wasn't parting out the whole truck then. It was to nice to part out. I can never have enough parts! I texted him last night on what's left. He stated he had to many projects so decided to give this 1 up...Congrats on your score of parts! I almost bought the doors myself.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I would have bought tailgate when I got the seats but he wasn't parting out the whole truck then. It was to nice to part out. I can never have enough parts! I texted him last night on what's left. He stated he had to many projects so decided to give this 1 up...Congrats on your score of parts! I almost bought the doors myself.

A guy bought the tailgate while I was there.

Just read through your thread. Overall I like what you have done. I'm planning on going LSx, with Novak bits (Mounts, headers, rad, etc) I believe that the LSx with their shorty headers solves the UCA contact problem. I've always had the intention of running some lift though. 

I just saw his add the other night again after you said you got the stuff,so I had no clue otherwise. I would have made another trip that way. I wonder what he got for tailgate, probably just make me mad lol..

I think I heard the kid tell him $100 but I am not 100% sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally had a nice day to get some projects done. I got my booster upgrade done. The spacer I made was a hard rubber piece and it was 4 1/2 inches square with a 2 1/2 inch hole in the center. The bolt holes were 3 7/16 on center if I remember correctly. The little oval plate is the block off for the clutch master. I bought a 2004 Grand Cherokee overflow bottle. I like the way it fits. I need to make a bracket for the bottom mount still. Oh, and all the gauges work correctly. The speedo is close but I will have to put a Garmin in to see how close. The battery hold down is not much but they are hard to find around here in good condition. It cleaned up good.

I got the relays for the fans hooked up today. I ordered a black post to replace the red one I have on the ground side if anybody noticed. Put fenders and header panel on, install stereo and a few odds and ends and I will get it legal and start driving it.

Check out Mad Electrical website. I followed his advice by using the posts with power coming straight from alternator, supposed to be full power to acc. Getting ready to do a relay on headlights also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/77037WB-BATTERY-POWER-JUNCTION-POST-3-8-x-16-RED-W-BOOT-/221386499492?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338ba9e5a4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAL-185-DEGREE-THERMOSTAT-RELAY-WIRING-HARNESS-185FH-/300902320012?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460f2d078c&vxp=mtr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't been on in awhile so I thought I would give an update. I have been battling a vibration above 65 mph and finally got it figured out. It was a slightly bent wheel. I put a used set of tires on it a while back and I guess when they were put back on the vehicle it was put on the right front. I did all the fixes on Comanche club but nothing did it and I told the wife I guess tires are next. When the kid was balancing them one of them wanted 7.5 oz. on the outside and 3.5 oz. on the inside. They told me I had a bent rim but I was skeptical. I want to keep my factory rims to be different so I ordered one off ebay and got it yesterday. Installed it today and sure enough it fixed it. Now why didn't the other tire shop notice the wheel wobbling? I guess they won't be getting any more of my money. To be fair it wasn't bent bad, but the other guys caught it right away. I have driven about 1600 miles so far and It runs good but the gas mileage sucks. 14 mpg is normal. Now on to the water leaks. I fixed a leak around the antenna cable and one above the fuse box but a little is still coming in up front and some I think around the back window or possibly through the slider. I love driving this little bugger and can't wait to get it painted. I'm thinking flat white with the rims painted silver. And one other detail I will wait to reveal. Not big but I think it will set it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...