1990 short bed resto; TDi, 3-link, coilovers, doubler, JK axles

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, thanks I have one of those that I bought on sale but haven't used yet. I changed out the sway bar & end link bushings because they were rotten and I have a feeling my control arm bushings are probably pretty worn out too, so i think I'll have a job to do soon LOL.

Yes I used a press. Had to get creative trying to keep the arms from collapsing; I used sockets and pieces of scrap sandwiched in the open part of the arms. I also tack welded the bushings in place once I was done.

For the axle side I used a sledge. Of course that's with the axle out from under the truck...

Yes I used a press. Had to get creative trying to keep the arms from collapsing; I used sockets and pieces of scrap sandwiched in the open part of the arms. I also tack welded the bushings in place once I was done.

For the axle side I used a sledge. Of course that's with the axle out from under the truck...

You rehab'd your arms? You're brave! I just bit the bullet and bought some new ones from Oreiley's.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you've experienced the ridiculous roofing tar dielectric grease mess on this connector you'll appreciate how clean this guy is now :D

rKBWJpzh.jpg

l4gP9BHh.jpg

This one is a little harder to clean out

VMqxVmGh.jpg

This combo worked really well

dmlYr9uh.jpg

I sealed the bulkhead connector and the clutch master cylinder against the firewall with some black RTV to keep the leaks out of the cabin. I really need to replace the weatherstrip across the cowling to keep the water from getting there in the first place.

• A-man930 changed the title to 1990 short bed resto; TDi, 3-link, coilovers, doubler, JK axles