2015 CC Eastern Pow Wow @ Badlands, Attica, IN

SW86

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's in Attica there are a few campgrounds not far that are my old stomping grounds and have nice camp sites

or just camp on site..

So your saying you can camp in the park?

There is a campground at the entrance to the park.  It is not technically in the park, but its as close as you can get.

If it's in Attica there are a few campgrounds not far that are my old stomping grounds and have nice camp sites

Summer's is a good one, but the park has one on site now that has nice ammenities.  There aren't really any shaded spots, but it's a decent campground.

Hell I live in the south too, just not as far as you.. There were plenty of options from north to south, east to west. I gave the members every chance to name a place. plus I believe it was just a dividing line in the country to make it easier to pull off. Not stricktly on the east coast deal..

By all means though, start another thread but I don't think you'll get the turn out we would with this one.. You might though and I would show if it lines up

Hell I live in the south too, just not as far as you.. There were plenty of options from north to south, east to west. I gave the members every chance to name a place. plus I believe it was just a dividing line in the country to make it easier to pull off. Not stricktly on the east coast deal..

By all means though, start another thread but I don't think you'll get the turn out we would with this one.. You might though and I would show if it lines up

You did this well and fairly. The member map does only show the members who bothered to enter their location and the choices are from those who bothered to submit ideas and the poll is a result of those who bothered to vote. If others elsewhere had bothered to do either of the three then things might look different. The inference has to be that if people can't be bothered to do any of those things what are the odds of them showing up anyway?

I'm out if it is iin Indiana. That is a minimum of a 15 hour one way drive. The name should be changed to the Midwest Pow Wow at this point. Maybe us southern dwellers can put on something a few hundred miles closer.

I agree, lets just get more people to vote on one of the southern locations!

You did this well and fairly. The member map does only show the members who bothered to enter their location and the choices are from those who bothered to submit ideas and the poll is a result of those who bothered to vote. If others elsewhere had bothered to do either of the three then things might look different. The inference has to be that if people can't be bothered to do any of those things what are the odds of them showing up anyway?

Thank you. I tried to be a fair as I could going off the members. Sure there are other parks more to the east/South/north but no one stepped up to the plate and showed interest in those places. If anyone has issues (not saying anyone does mind you) get your fellow MJers in your area to vote! Afterall it's up to you guys to choose!

Also I voted for Harlan. Always wanted to go there but it's an 8 hr drive one way, badlands is 7, windrock is 6, ivy was 10, tellico was 9 and smorr is 4. I know not everyone can travel huge distances but again, it's not any single persons choice. There's always next year or a southern meet up as suggested..

True. It is what it is. I hope the people voting are actually serious about going and not just voting to vote. That would screw things around for people who voted who really want to go.. But again, it is what it is..

This coming Sunday I'm closing the poll and we'll have our spot. Next is voting on the date.. Which I can see will be fun to do to say the least.. Lol.. I'm thinking spring/early summer..

If that was the case you could just post in the meet n greet section since itd be smaller groups. These were started to draw in more people from a greater area. I know it doesnt work to everyone's advantage but it will work to quite a few more of us who otherwise would never wheel together. People from different areas and backgrounds. I think the east and west meets are a good idea.

We'll just have to rotate locations every year. Hence badlands if it wins, wouldn't be an option the following year and hopefully more people will be inclined to join/show interest if this one is a success. Then we could go more east or south or where ever to accommodate those who can't drive longer distances