ajohnson928

Something Is Missing Here...

Between the relay and whatever the white block is there is something missing.  I've seen in on other people's MJs & XJs and I know it has a vacuum connection.  Anyone want to fill me in on what it's called and what it does?  The truck runs fine without it but if it could run better...

10373097_10100859176656997_5631000710993

Yeah that's the part I've seen elsewhere.  So, do I need to replace it or just keep on going along without it?

EGR solenoid.

14013838890_6f93e069b2_c.jpg

14197192931_e5e4d7cfe8_c.jpg

I would "put it back" if I was you but I like to keep things nice and stock generally.

FYI, that white block thing is your ballast resistor.  It quiets the pump after startup.  If you ever have a problem with the pump going out but it starts fine, first thing to try is to jump those two wires.  Just file that away somewhere. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link dainternetguy.  And thanks for the info Geonovast, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Now, is a solenoid from the jy good enough or should I get a brand new one?

Thanks for the link dainternetguy.  And thanks for the info Geonovast, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Now, is a solenoid from the jy good enough or should I get a brand new one?

It's fine from the JY..

Do you have an EGR or is it blocked off.  Some guys eliminate the EGR altogether, especially if it has an aftermarket header.  Can't do it in CA, mostly because of the rumored commie pinko sympathizers.  In Kentucky, if you don't have emissions testing, it could likely be gone.