"moonshine" Recipes

92tanMJ

• 3 months later...

Figured I should post up the recipes I have found:

Strawberry

2 quart jars About 5 lbs strawberries my favorite but you can use fruit of choice 1 quart of clear Shine cut to about 45-50 % Honey 3 cups sugar clean and distribute the strawberries in both quart jars, ad 1 1/2 cup sugar in each jar, ad about 1-2 oz honey, top off with clear liquor, let sit for about 5 days every 12 hours rotate jar from its top to its bottom. for the strawberry all ya need to do is combine 3 cups of strawberries, 2 tsp of sugar and 3 cups of everclear can in mason jar seal it tight and every couple of days shake it well. ready to drink in 30 days

Lemon Drop Moonshine: 1 qt Lemon Juice 3 qts Water 2 to 4 cups Granulated Sugar 1/5 gal (750 ml) 190+ proof alcohol (moonshine, Golden Grain, Everclear, etc.) Bring the lemon juice, water and sugar to a boil (add sugar to taste...some like it tart, some like it sweet). Let cool, then add alcohol. Bottle, store, and drink.

Black berry banger

First cook down a pot of fresh blackberries with sugar. Then after the berries cook down and the sugar melts and makes a good juice strain the berries from the juice and remove all sediment...mix with shine about 60/40 chill and serve.

candy cane shine 5 peppermint candy canes, put in a blender grind into a powder, put in sauce pan or pot 1 cup of white sugar 1cup of water bring to a boil stir let it cool add 190 proof ( moonshine, golden grain, Everclear, etc.) bottle, store, drink.

Cherry Pie Moonshine - (made 7 - 1 pint mason jarswith a half batch) Ingredients 2 32 ounce jars all cherry juice 2 cans tart cherries in heavy syrup 1/2 cup white sugar 1 liter bottle everclear Instructions In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients but everclear to a boil for 10 minutes. Stir to make sure sugar completely dissolves, remove from heat. Let cool. Pour in Everclear. Pour into sterilized mason jars. Can be consumed immediately, but gets better after time. 2+ weeks is ideal!

Peach Pie Moonshine - (made 8 - 1 pint mason jars with a half batch) Ingredients 2 1 lb cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup, do not drain 2 64 oz bottles white grape peach juice 2 tbsp cinnamon 750 ml bottle everclear Instructions Add all ingredients but everclear into a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and stir often for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let cool completely. Add everclear. Pour into mason jars (I like to keep the peaches in- it gives more flavor and sweetness without additional sugar in the recipe.) Since it can be hard to pour peaches into a jar without spilling liquid everywhere, I usually fill only 3/4 of the jar full and spoon the peaches in after. Store in a cool, dark place for over 2 weeks to continue to develop flavor. Mixing with tonic, soda, lemonade is delicious and helps to not overserve.

Strawberry Lemonade Moonshine

Ingredients: 1 Liter — Everclear — 190 proof 3 quarts — Water (12 cups) 4 cups — Sugar 4 cups — Lemon Juice 2 1/2 cups —

Strawberry Puree Directions: Put Sugar and Water into a pot Cook on low heat until the sugar melts, stirring often Take off heat and let cool completely Add Strawberry Puree, Lemon Juice and Everclear Stir until blended completely, then strain to get out any clumps Pour into jars Seal Jars Place into refrigerator for a few weeks

Apple Pie Ala Mode Moonshine Ingredients: 750 ml Bottle Everclear = 3.17 cups 2 cups Vanilla Vodka 1/2 — Gallon Apple Juice 1/2 — Gallon Apple Cider 4 to 6 Cinnamon Sticks 1 Whole Clove 1 cup — White Sugar 1 cup — Brown Sugar Directions: Put all ingredients except for the alcohol into a large enough pot to fit it all. On medium high heat — bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down to medium low and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Now pour in the Everclear and the Vanilla Vodka Pour into bottles or jars. Refrigerate. (Options) You can put a couple of Cinnamon Sticks and/or a Vanilla Bean in each jar.

Apple Pie Moonshine Ingredients: 1 bottle (Liter) of 190 proof Moonshine or Grain Alcohol 1 Gallon Apple Cider 1 Gallon Apple Juice 3 cups Sugar 8 Cinnamon Sticks Directions: In a large pot, pour in the Cider, Juice, Sugar and Cinnamon Sticks Bring this to a boil, remove from heat and let cool Add the Moonshine Pour into Mason Jars and put on lids You can drink this right away, but it tastes better after sitting for a couple of weeks If you can’t find 190 proof Moonshine, you can always use Everclear Beware as this is a strong drink, so take it easy and please NEVER DRINK and DRIVE !!!

DoG’s Blackberry Moonshine 1 ½ cups Sugar 1 cup Water 1 ½ teaspoons Blackberry Flavoring Extract 1 ½ cups 190+ proof alcohol (moonshine, Golden Grain, Everclear, etc.) Make a simple syrup by bringing the sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat, while stirring constantly to prevent burning of the sugar. When the liquid is clear, remove it from the heat and let it stand until just warm. (Alcohol evaporates at a little over 170 degrees) Pour this into a clean 1 quart jar with a tight fitting lid. Add your Flavoring and Vodka, Put a Lid On It and Shake It Up. You are done with your creation. You can drink this right away but it will taste better if you can wait a week or two or three!

Coffee - this yields about a fifth. Kahlua 1 cup white sugar 1½ cups brown sugar 2 cups water ½ cup instant coffee 2 Tbsp. Vanilla 3 cups hooch Boil sugars in water for 5 minutes and let stand 15 minutes. Add instant coffee, vanilla and hooch or Vodka. Bottle. Best if it sets for 30 days.

Cherry pie recipe 0.85 L Cherry Rum 1 1/2 cups of Everclear® alcohol 1 gallon apple cider 1 gallon cherry juice 4 cups sugar 3 sticks cinnamon In large pot mix together juices, sugar & cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, let boil about 5 min. Cool completely, add rum & everclear. Makes about 3 gallons.

Deadly Pumpkin 1 gallon of moonshine (190 proof) 750ml of whipped cream vodka 2 cups of light brown sugar 1 can (30oz) of pumpkin pie filling 2tsp cinnamon, 2tsp ground ginger 1/2 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp group clove Stir until well blended and place in the fridge for 5 days (stir once a day to keep blended). Then stir and ladle in to mason jars and serve! BAM!!!!!!!!

Blueberry Delight 64 oz. Ocean Spray Blueberry Juice Cocktail 15 oz. Oregon Fruit Blueberries 1 1/2 cups sugar 3 Cinnamon sticks 1/2 cup DeKyper's Blueberry Schnapps Blend these ingredients bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool and add: 1 1/2 cup Old Smokey Moonshine 3/4 cup DeKypers Blueberry Schnapps

Carmel Apple Pie Moonshine One Gallon of Motts apple juice One gallon of Apple Cider Brown sugar White sugar 8 to 10 Cinnamon Stick's One bag of Carmel's Cook on Medium on the Stove till you bring it to a boil, Get a big roster pan out When your mixture boil's turn it down cook it for about 15 minutes. After cooled, mix in 4 Mason jar's of 100 proof Moonshine mix it all together. Poor into other mason jar's that are ready to go with lid's an all.

Edit: Well when I hit post it got rid of all of my enters hopefully that makes it a bit more legiable.

Moonshine is illegal here in the US so I'm sure the mods would rather us not talk about it here.

So everclear is the next best thing...It's legal and you can get in 190 proof- I doubt 5% is going to make or break anyone.

I know a few other people here like to drink and I was just wondering if anyone hand any other recipes..

I thought I would just share the one's I had. So here's the recipes me and girfriend used:

Cherry Pie Moonshine - (made 7 - 1 pint mason jarswith a half batch)

Ingredients

2 32 ounce jars all cherry juice

2 cans tart cherries in heavy syrup

1/2 cup white sugar

1 liter bottle everclear

Instructions

In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients but everclear to a boil for 10 minutes.

Stir to make sure sugar completely dissolves, remove from heat.

Let cool.

Pour in Everclear.

Pour into sterilized mason jars.

Can be consumed immediately, but gets better after time. 2+ weeks is ideal!

Peach Pie Moonshine - (made 8 - 1 pint mason jars with a half batch)

Ingredients

2 1 lb cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup, do not drain

2 64 oz bottles white grape peach juice

2 tbsp cinnamon

750 ml bottle everclear

Instructions

Add all ingredients but everclear into a large stockpot.

Bring to a boil and stir often for 5 minutes.

Remove from heat, cover, and let cool completely.

Add everclear.

Pour into mason jars (I like to keep the peaches in- it gives more flavor and sweetness without additional sugar in the recipe.) Since it can be hard to pour peaches into a jar without spilling liquid everywhere, I usually fill only 3/4 of the jar full and spoon the peaches in after.

Store in a cool, dark place for over 2 weeks to continue to develop flavor.

Mixing with tonic, soda, lemonade is delicious and helps to not overserve.

As of the day we made it I thought the cherry was very very good and the peach was eh. She was oposite of me. However, I could have called that from the begaining because I really wanted to make the cherry and not the peach and vise versa. So we made both with one fifth of everclear- just cut the ingrediants in half.

Here is a price break down for the major stuff:

750 ML Everclear 190- $20 liquor barn

(2) x12 1 Pint mason jars- $7 each pack Walmart

8 Quart pot (can do a full batch later with it)- $8 Walmart

Everything else was just a few bucks..it costs about ~6 bucks in ingredients to make each one.

All said and done we spent <$50 bucks.

ProTip...when youre at walmart pick up a 75c oil funnle. Best idea I've had all month. It was super easy to funnle the moonshine directly into the jars from the pot.

I'll repost back this weekend to let everyone know how much it "mellows out" in just a week, then in two. :waving:

-Zack

Here just some photos of it...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Moonshine is not illegal, you just can not produce large quantities for sale. Down here in Fl, I can make my own, just not allowed to have more than one gallon/four quarts at a time in my possession. I'm originally from West Virginia, so it's in my blood. As for flavors, I turn my fruit into a syrup so you can't waste anything like half of these idiot kids do down here.

If ya don't know your stuff ya go blind

That's because people like to down the pre-batch. You have to still it a second time to get the impurities/imperfections out. Your body takes the pre-batch and breaks it down into two basic chemicals, formic acid and formaldehyde.