The Blue and Black Manche

After two years of having this Dana 44 it is finally getting all cleaned up to go in! 

Also, my new headliner came in. My truck has never had one so should make for a great upgrade! 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Good to see all my photo's are back up... Dumb image site took them down. CC got a makeover too it looks like. Wow well done. To answer the questions above. I got the headline from a guy called:

Steve Bennett 
SMS Headliners, LLC

The product he gave me was really well done. I found him in the vendor section of the Comanche club forums. 

Really struggled with getting the gears in the Jeep (I had someone else do it). But they are finally in. Ended up going with 4.56 gears for the front and rear. I put a Eaton Truetrac up front and for the rear, I went with the Eaton E-locker (red switch is the locker). I also after like 3 years got the Dana 44 all cleaned up re-geared and put in. I bought it off some member off this site in MN years ago and it was good to finally see it go in. So far I am pretty happy with the truck. Though I am going to need a new steering column soon. : / The tires I bought are too big and so I am deciding to sell them. 4 tires and 5 rims 35''. I want to go with 33'' instead. Once I have the tires and rims in I think I will be close to finished with this build. 

IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

What are you going to do for suspension then?

33s are a good choice for keeping the front axle alive, IMHO.  Update us on that E-locker, curious how well it holds up.  I really like electric lockers in general, unfortunately lots of them aren't built that well (Eaton has gone through 3 or 4 revisions of that locker, at least).

On 3/4/2018 at 2:24 PM, DirtyComanche said:

What are you going to do for suspension then?

33s are a good choice for keeping the front axle alive, IMHO.  Update us on that E-locker, curious how well it holds up.  I really like electric lockers in general, unfortunately lots of them aren't built that well (Eaton has gone through 3 or 4 revisions of that locker, at least).

Will do! Hopfully they got it right now. Fingers crossed! 

Ever considered going with 3” coils? 

I don't have any experience with lift or tires. So no. Honestly, not sure when the wheels and lift will come. Still looking into some options. 

• 4 months later...