03 Cummins Tow/plow

Hit a milestone within the last month.

Also... This happened.

BOSS 7'6" Straight Blade

Should be fine for my smallish area I need to plow. One less thing before the snow flies!

Transmission issues turned out to be electrical. But I still feel I need a new torque converter.. And a new TPS. $350 from cummins is a lot for a electrical sensor; that will just fix the 200 rpm wonder at highway speed that's intermittent...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Added another CTD to the fleet. The 03 is gonna stick around for now for plow duty but I don't know what it's future looks like.

New '14 Big Horn Edition. Got goodies like a heated steering wheel/seats, touch screen radio, gooseneck prep..... And a 6-speed manual.

They still make a truck with a manual trans!!???

Yes sir. This truck sat on the lot for over a year. Nobody could commit to buying it because of it. Well.... I got a awesome deal because of it. It was meant to be. I looked at it a year ago but bought the 03 instead..

Ram is the only one offering a full size HD truck with a manual trans. This truck is a '14 but I do know they still have them for '15.

That is one hell of a truck you got yourself.  Do you mind me asking what you paid for it?  I finally got my '04 Cummins fixed up from my accident last year and have been driving it quite a bit and the auto trans is starting to wear on me.  I can't count how many tweaks and adjustments I've made to it and it still just isn't right.  Even took it to a shop that specializes in rebuilds for these transmissions and his fixes didn't really change anything.  This truck would be perfect with a manual trans...and I wouldn't mind the heated steering wheel, either.

First good tow day with the new truck. I also picked up a new trailer.... 20' PJ 10k..

Truck was awesome. Although a MJ on a trailer isn't much weight, I've hauled lots of them behind a few different trucks. This is by far the best! Have had the truck for a week and just clicked 1000 miles when I pulled into my driveway tonight.

Dealer was asking around 46k. I paid 46k OTD after everything. Truck books for around 55k.

• 3 weeks later...

I have mileage written down. The truck said I was getting around 14; we will see how accurate the computer is next time I fill er up.

Turns out the computer was dead on. Amazing.

Here's a from last weekend. My trucks and a friends v8 ranger and his truck.