JPR SLPR

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As requested here are the Carriers with Water Jugs in them.

And here is a Mach up of it with a Spare tire

Now i just have to figure out how to combine them on a bracket to bolt to the trailer. with out a welder it tends to be a PITA. i fly out to Texas this weekend to test for a Police Dept and will have to wait till next week to figure that one out.

Ben (Neohic) had built me a bracket for a water pump, same as the one like his on the Comansion and will be using that with an on board water tank in place of the fuel tank. however till i can get the parts/accessories for the water it will have to wait. once done i will replace the water jugs with fuel jugs so i can have more of an expedition set up. Thanks Ben

It is a coffin rack. Lid open

Storage Space

Closed.. when I'm alone i have plenty of room

Drilled holes for a leaf to go in for if i have some company with me.

Sleeve will sit on the little strip and it is also tongue and grove. fits like a glove.

Leaf will sit on top during travels. if i am alone leaf will stay at home.

Here is the leaf attached. 

the little space on the right will be open to the back and will have accessories attached such as fire extinguisher, small hatched, etc.. etc... etc.... any ideas for the tool spot let me know.

hope yall enjoy.

Thats my buddy in the pictures. he helped tremendously and i would not have been able to do this with out him. 

You can't tell from the pics but i also put the tail lights back on.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating in a while. Been crazy trying to pack and get ready for the move. the rack for the water and tire carrier is built. sorry no pics its packed away right now. ill be on the road for a few days and the SporTrailer will be in storage until i figure the hiring process with the PD. thanks for following.

• 2 months later...

sorry there have been no updates on the build. started the police academy and the trailer is in storage until i can find a place to work on it. i do plan on buying parts and stocking up so i can get alot done once i find a garage.

from yellaheaps suggestion i am swapping the axle out to a trailer axle and adding in a sway bar. any suggestions on what trailer axle i should use? i believe the axle is 58.5" thanks ahead of time.

... i am swapping the axle out to a trailer axle and adding in a sway bar. any suggestions on what trailer axle i should use? i believe the axle is 58.5" thanks ahead of time.

Get yourself a 3500# axle that has a 62" hub face... yes, yes, I know that the factory track width is 58.5", but so many people run spacers to put the wheels out further to fill the wheel well anyhow. If you plan on ordering it, see if you can get it with 2.5" spring seats that are 42.5" on center. Otherwise, you can build one from bare components.  :thumbsup:

well i ordered the axle. i couldnt go 62 but i was able to go 60.75" good enough for me i suppose. I am trying to decide on a name for the trailer. i currently have it as SporTrailer but i was thinking of others as well....

1. Sportsman

2. BaseCamp

3. Mountaineer

4. Bivouac

5. SporTrailer

6. Outdoorsman

What are yalls thoughts? any other suggestions