ComancheKid45

79 J20.... Building The Diesel Truck Ive Always Wanted!

The summer humidity and The railroad have been keeping me away from this more than id like, I did get the new headliner installed today and I'm still hoping to have the cab on the chassis by Winter time ;)

11218961_10153570884759834_4500622259032

As for the cab, new venial flooring, headliner and door/windsheild seal(s) are on their way. :thumbsup:

What's venial flooring? Do you mean vinyl flooring as in rubber?  :hmm:

Flooring is installed and I'm currently working on running new nickle alloy brake lines. Still hoping to have the cab sitting on the chassis by winter time. Piece by piece...

Flooring is installed and I'm currently working on running new nickle alloy brake lines. Still hoping to have the cab sitting on the chassis by winter time. Piece by piece...

PICS PLZ  :clapping:

Still picking at this here and there. Have redone all the brake lines and hoses as well as replaced the shifter seal in the transmission. Need to get the windsheild reinstalled in the cab and than hopefully work on sitting it to the frame in the coming weeks.

Still watching this and still very interested.  :thumbsup:

Finally after sitting dormant for the last couple months I got the windshield re installed this morning.

Next up is setting up a plan for getting this cab set onto its new chassis, I'm ready to start picking away at this project once again!

Yeah! I've got the worlds biggest bag of popcorn to watch this build.  Can't wait to see more updates.

Finishing up the front clip and cab mounts this week then onto the radiator and steering.... Hopefully no more 9 month hiatuses!

Still very cool, BJ. Look forward to more updates!... sooner than later.

still more progress than any of my projects. :D  keep the momentum going! 

Going to try with the Dodge radiator. Probably will not mess with an intercooler at this time, since this era of Cummins was non intercooled to begin with.

Going to try with the Dodge radiator. Probably will not mess with an intercooler at this time, since this era of Cummins was non intercooled to begin with.

I chose not to intercool my swap. It would have required a skinny, long intercooler like is found on a dodge neon. I decided it was simply easier to mount a Snow Performance water methanol injection kit to keep the EGTs lower than modify what was needed for an intercooler. The Snow Performance kit has many benefits and when towing I can definitely feel the difference in power when I toggle it on and off.

Your build will look very nice when finished. When your project is complete it would be cool to do a photo shoot with our trucks together.

I'm likely going to go with a similar setup without an intercooler as well. I'd be happy to get together sometime when mines completed.

I dream of the day pulling into the York Jeep show with this truck and a load of MJs on a trailer. Hahaha

Pick pick pick. Have had this project tucked safely in the garage now and tinker on it from time to time. Got the radiator relocated and mounted the other week as well as the inner fenders installed.

It resides in the back corner happy to be out of the elements.

20190112_114603.jpg

You're such a tease.....LOL.

We need moar:laugh::beerchug: 

5 hours ago, ComancheKid45 said:

Pick pick pick.

You mean “tick tick tick”. :peep: