1992 Comanche Eliminator 4X4 4.0L 5-Speed In Vancouver

Aircooledrules

I have lots of photos to update this thread but I forgot my password and cannot log in to the site. If an admin could email me my password that would be great

If you are able to post here under your name (as you just have), then you must already be logged on. Check the top right portion of this page to be sure. If your screen name and the "Sign Out" option are on display, you are logged in.

If you cannot append photos, you must have a problem of another sort. Have you first hosted them on another site like PhotoBucket? If so, then use the "Full Editor" option beneath the "Reply to this topic" window, then click the "Image" icon near the middle of the bottom row of the full toolbar. Paste the photo host link URL in the pop-up window, click "OK", and you're golden.   :)

If that ain't the problem, come back with more details and someone may be able to help you.

Moderators and admins have no access to your password, I believe.

Here is a solution for you: since you are perma-logged in on your phone, use it to change your password. Then you can use the new password on any device/computer to access the forums... for as long as you don't forget it! :)

I can't change the password because i have to imput the current password first in order to make that change.

however all is well, an Admin changed my password and I'm in.

Current photos have been uploaded and posted in the first post.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. This is a nice truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Pending Sale locally.

can't believe no one on here scooped this thing up, At $3500 CND thats just over $3100 USD. Give Away price for a super clean super reliable truck.

I tried to! See my post above... Looks like I may have found one though locally. I will know for sure tomorrow night. Hope your deal works out.

Pending Sale locally.

can't believe no one on here scooped this thing up, At $3500 CND thats just over $3100 USD. Give Away price for a super clean super reliable truck.

Since you can't believe no one on here scooped your very desirable and rare 92 Elim up, I'll simply explain my reasoning. I was interested, as I always am in 92 MJs. But because of your location, this truck might have rust issues. But since none of your pics addressed this and only showed cosmetics, I tuned out. Plus you stated what sounded like you flip vehicles regularly. That was it for me. Just my reasoning.

Good luck on your local sale mate.

Since you can't believe no one on here scooped your very desirable and rare 92 Elim up, I'll simply explain my reasoning. I was interested, as I always am in 92 MJs. But because of your location, this truck might have rust issues. But since none of your pics addressed this and only showed cosmetics, I tuned out. Plus you stated what sounded like you flip vehicles regularly. That was it for me. Just my reasoning.

Good luck on your local sale mate.

It's more than just photos of the floor boards that he won't provide that sealed the deal for me. I'm not going to get into it but I'll just say the seller is not all that forthcoming with the details on the truck.

Wow dainterntguy you sure are full of $#!&.

Here is our whole correspondence :

dainternetguy :

Definitely PM me when you are selling this truck. I am in Canada, definitely interested.

Aircooledrules

I will have the truck all done and ready forsale in a week. And I will be ready to sell it about 2 weeks

dainternetguy

Please post good photos from daylight hours. It's hard to make anything out from the night time pic you posted in the thread. I drove 700km each way to look at a 92 Elim 4x4 earlier this week and it had way too much rust for me to fix. I'm looking for one with less rust, and yours seems to have less rust.

Aircooledrules

Oh yeah when it's done I'll post numerous photos. This truck pretty much doesn't have any rust. Almost none.

I might even have photos as soon as tomorow.

dainternetguy

Still got the Comanche? I'd like you to email me some huge resolution photos to (edited).com

If you can, I'd also like any close-ups of rust spots and the floor boards from under the truck.

Thanks.

Aircooledrules

There is no rust on the floors underneath the truck. The only rust is on the driver side cab corner bottom. It's a bubble which is not bad at all. Also there is a bubble on the driver fender just above the flare.

The only photos I have currently are the ones I have posted. this truck is not listed forsale anywhere which is why I still have it. I will be listing it on Craigslist on Thursday night

Aircooledrules

I looked at your thread about the red eliminator and it seems that you are genuinly interested in picking up one of these trucks, so ill give you the full run down.

I do Auto Body by trade, and beyond that I'm a car guy for life. I respect any car that someone has put time and effort into but i love all interesting cars. Mainly I'm into european cars,

VW/Audi are what i live for but like i said, i like all interesting cars.

So as a hobby i buy VW/Audis and other interesting cars that need love/ TLC. i set a budget then make a plan to do the most important, and best repairs that i can within that budget

and then drive the cars a little bit and pass them on to others at very reasonable prices and start over again.

I have a couple friends who recently got into XJ Cherokees, i know the general stuff/history about them and their good reputaion for being strong reliable trucks, so i decided i would buy one

and fix it up to learn about them. I started looking and this Eliminator came up for auction as a write-off, i saw it and did some research and learned that its a super rare low production truck,

and pretty much set up the best way with the 4.0L, 4x4, 5-speed and was an Eliminator with low mileage.

I got my friend who works at a local Jeep dealership to run the vin and give me a breakdown of options, where it was sold ( local BC Truck ) when it was last serviced at Jeep and what

ever else he could dig up.

I placed a sealed bid on the truck and luckily it was mine. Now i bought this truck sight unseen from 5 $#!&ty photos but as far as i knew it was hit in the passenger door which needed to be replaced

and there was a dent in the passenger side cab corner ( was unrelated to the door damage ). Also from the pictures it looked like the rear bumper was just a mess from backing into stuff for 20 + years.

When the truck arrived i had a look at it and it turned out that because the bumper was so beat up it actually put a dent into the bottom box corner, and there was also a dent in the box in front of the wheel aswell, so i ended up replacing the door, and repairing all the damage to the passenger side of the truck, i only painted what was nessecary which was the bottom of the box ( below the decals ), the complete cab corner top to bottom on the passenger side, the passenger side rocker, and the replacement passenger side door.

Then i went around the truck and repaired a bunch of other minor items aswell as did all the brakes because they were toast and the passenger side U-Joint.

Ive got about 100 hours into this truck. Ive put maybe 200 km's on the truck driving it around town back and forth from shop to shop as i have been working on it and the truck drives awesome, everything works as it should and its really in very decent shape.

The truck has some faded paint on the back of the cab, some flares and the tailgate which i think actually gives it character and is not bad. all the repairs i did to the truck were done very well and the truck is better for it.

Ofcourse the truck is not perfect as if i were to go and try to make it close to perfect it would put the truck into a price range higher then i would like to be.

what i would love to do is :

- Have the wheels refinished ( clear coat is faded on them and they are just over 20 years old and don't look amazing )

- some nice new tires ( current ones are fine, but it would be nice with fresh wheels and new tires )

- The driver side door has some dents ( no paint damage, just looks wavy, might be able to repair by popping the trip panel off and working it out without paint, or by paintless dent removal )

Other then that if one were to be picky, take the truck apart and give it a full respray and you would have a show truck.

I'm selling the truck for $3500 ( firm ) it will be listed at $3800 on craigslist on thursday and i know that in the condition the truck is in, its a steal, but ive done my part

and i already have my next project sitting and waiting on me to move the jeep.

I just had an allignment done on the truck on thursday and it passed

now i have to have a body/structural inspecion done and a mechanical 

inspection done before i can sell it. I'm hoping to have all that finished

in the next couple days

Here are a few bonus photos :

Aircooledrules

So much for being interested I guess

It's more than just photos of the floor boards that he won't provide that sealed the deal for me. I'm not going to get into it but I'll just say the seller is not all that forthcoming with the details on the truck.

I said you weren't forthcoming with the details, but I meant in general, to everyone here, I should have added that. Yes you did give me the details because I was "seriously" interested. Folks like hornbrod wouldn't have to guess on things if you had just been a little more "straight up" from the start.

Aircooledrules,

Glad to see the more complete story on the truck.  I do think it would have helped sell it here if you had posted the more complete story.

I am guessing, since you got it at auction, the truck had a salvage title? 

It does not take much damage to total a Commanche these days, even very light damage will total the truck for an insurance company.

Yes salvage. if I had not purchased this truck it would have been parted out. There was a beautiful one that came up a few weeks ago at the auction. It was similar specs 1989 4x4 4.0L 5-speed but the thing looked brand new, save for some minor front end damage and it was sold to a wrecker and will be parted out.

Because I still have this truck and already have another project waiting in line to be fixed after this I wasn't able to put a very strong bid in on the truck and lost it by about $100.

This one would have suffered the same fate had I not saved it

I'm glad I did, it drives like new.

Glad to see the more complete story on the truck.  I do think it would have helped sell it here if you had posted the more complete story.

:agree:

Like I said you are full of $#!&.

You blah blah...

Grow up.

I don't know why your panties are in a wad, I clarified my statement and didn't say anything untrue. LOL @ Grow up, I'm probably older than you LOL. Anyway, I'm done with the drama.

I am looking forward to the project thread.

• 1 month later...

Archived