Jump to content
relyt120

The Middle Tn Local Chapter

Recommended Posts

meet and greets can be... complicated things.  trying to organize schedules and whatnot can be challenging (especially since a lot of our trucks are only semi-reliable).  Heck, on my last trip out west I had get-togethers fall through when I was just meeting them at their house.  Life is complicated.  :dunno: 

 

What I normally do is pick a place/time where I'm going to be anyways and invite others to come too. :L:  Car shows, wheeling days, or even "just show up at my place on saturday since I'm home all day".  Then maybe post that up here and link to it in the Pub and maybe post a link on facebook so it gets maximum eyeballs.  :popcorn:   Essentially, pick what you want to do and see if others are free at that time.  That way at least you still get to do what you want to do. :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a good idea.  Meeting at my house would be cool, especially in summer - I have a great backyard lol, but I'm too far out of the way for the TN guys being up in KY.  Only car shows this time of year are Coffee & Cars in Cools Springs or maybe Columbia (tends to be more old cars there).  We're in Nashville a couple weekends a month with very little planned besides grabbing a bite, catching a movie, and/or hanging out.  Another possibility for the 4x4 guys would be to have a weekend at Blue Hollar north of Bowling Green when something is going on over there (they have rock climbing competitions, concerts, etc.)

 

It doesn't really matter to me I guess.  Forums are fine and all, but seeing everyone's rigs and the comradary of gathering is more enjoyable than a bunch of images and typing imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EvilMJ said:

It doesn't really matter to me I guess.  Forums are fine and all, but seeing everyone's rigs and the comradary of gathering is more enjoyable than a bunch of images and typing imho.

 

Agreed. Just getting together and seeing what others do to their trucks and getting ideas for your own is well worth the effort. If you guys get down to Nashville every once in a awhile, pick a place and time, and lets meet. I'm always up for a meal and if nothing else sitting in a parking lot shootin the bull.

 

I don't have a bookface page so that one is up to you but I can help spread the word............... as best as I can. If you wanted to include XJ's, there are a few of those that might show as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, High2by said:

 

Agreed. Just getting together and seeing what others do to their trucks and getting ideas for your own is well worth the effort. If you guys get down to Nashville every once in a awhile, pick a place and time, and lets meet. I'm always up for a meal and if nothing else sitting in a parking lot shootin the bull.

 

I don't have a bookface page so that one is up to you but I can help spread the word............... as best as I can. If you wanted to include XJ's, there are a few of those that might show as well.

Yeah, I stay of the bookface too, but the wife is on it.  She has to work this weekend, but maybe one of the next couple we'll be down.  As soon as I confirm our plans with the boss, I'll post something up.  Plenty of good places to eat in the ville, should price be an issue considering we are all owners of a bunch of 30 yo heaps?  If we are going to travel that far to eat, it's not going to be at McDonalds! lol.  Normally we'll go somewhere that costs us about $35-50 for the pair.  We have tried some slums like the Hermitage Cafe if the reviews are good...  Now that I think about it, Smokin' Thighs might be a good place - off the beaten path, great food, good sized parking lot, and the best selection of moonshine in the city!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can also use the members map to find guys local to you and send them a message.  be aware though, that the map contains everyone that's uploaded their location in like the last 10 years so as you can imagine, not all of them are still active in the MJ world.  :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you can also use the members map to find guys local to you and send them a message.  be aware though, that the map contains everyone that's uploaded their location in like the last 10 years so as you can imagine, not all of them are still active in the MJ world.  :( 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good to me. I'd be game for almost whatever as far as eats go. I said "almost" because I don't eat McDonalds either. Not bashing on ole Ronald, but really any fast food like that, I try to stay away from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I avoid fast food like the plague that it is.  Burger Fi or maybe Red Robin is about as close as I get to fast food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EvilMJ said:

I avoid fast food like the plague that it is.  Burger Fi or maybe Red Robin is about as close as I get to fast food.

 

 

Red Robin is pretty good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, High2by said:

Anybody got any suggestions on a date to meet up?

There's a good chance we'll be heading to Nashville this weekend.  When I get more info from the Boss, I'll post up. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EvilMJ said:

There's a good chance we'll be heading to Nashville this weekend.  When I get more info from the Boss, I'll post up. lol

 

That sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, High2by said:

 

That sounds good.

Well, we are in Bowling Green slowly making our way to Nashville - no plan or agenda.  Well probably eat somewhere around 6:00-7:00.  If anybody is around, txt me 270-879-0350 (Scott)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well shoot. I was out working on the MJ and just now came back in to see this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now thinking about food. Now over at southeastern salvage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how close are you guys to I-75?  I'm heading to michigan in a month and need to get a headrest to high2by.  :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
how close are you guys to I-75?  I'm heading to michigan in a month and need to get a headrest to high2by.   
 


I’m just a couple hours from Chattanooga. Maybe I could meet you on your way out? If your gonna come up I-24 your only 45 minutes from me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm sorry I haven't been pushing the meet-up.  Between the virus and the constant fixes on the Comanche (it will be new soon!), I haven't had much desire for a meet-up.  Things are opening up from the virus, but I'm not totally sure that they should be...  maybe mid/late summer we can all meet up in the Nashville area (if any restaurants survive the apocalypse! lol). 

 

Hope everyone is doing ok.  If anyone gets up around Bowling Green, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...