88Whitemanche's 98 Cherokee Build

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, by chance do you know what year or model Volvo that came out of? I've been doing a little research on doing this to my XJ and possibly TJ, and actually between me and my dad we have a couple of Volvo 240s, and find plenty of them in the junkyards, just haven't been able to figure out which are the easier ones to spot that would have it.

I've found both of my Volvo lsd's out of the 940s auto....The autos came with 4.10s

But check any Volvo from 88-94...

Right on, I know I saw a couple 940s the last time I was at the junkyard, Ill have to take a look under them next time I go,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking good , those vent windows are a nice addition. Your rear passengers will thank you, my buddy had them in his 2 door and when riding in the rear they are quite nice especially in the trails. can't wait to see it with a 4.5" its going to look good. Do you plan on keeping the stock flares? 

Yeah I really want to keep the stock look but I know my self....those stock flares won't last too long and I really don't want to cut fenders unless I get a set of cutoff flares...

I saw your xj and wanted to ask you what lift and size tires you have?

Yeah I really want to keep the stock look but I know my self....those stock flares won't last too long and I really don't want to cut fenders unless I get a set of cutoff flares...

I saw your xj and wanted to ask you what lift and size tires you have?

Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't know how the flares have stayed on my cherokee this long. Its a 6" pieced together lift with drop brackets and 33x12.50 chinese mud terrains. The front and rear have definitely sagged though, the front due to the winch bumper and the rear due to ad a leaf. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welp this xj has been gas and go....

Been picking up pcs here and there to install until I get my Comanche back on the road....

Found a zj skid and had to install it and the front engine skid....just need the nutserts to install the transfer case skid....

Enough talk more pics

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I removed my 4.10 Dana 30 off my Comanche to place under the Cherokee since I'm already going to regear the Comanche to 4.88s

Why pay double right?

Dana 30 removed from the Comanche....

Lokka locker

Solid diff cover

Painted and ready to swap in...

Also picked up some brand new adjustable upper and lower control arms for a STEAL!

Got the axle and suspension dialed in....

I'll get more pics of the final tomorrow and it's already dark....

It looks really good with the 4.5" coils up front

This is the best pic I got....

But I got an issue...for some reason my brakes are non existent...

Might be the old system not working or something and I'm getting a really bad clunking off of the front right side...idk if that's the brakes or the locker....

Will check the details tomorrow...

• 2 weeks later...

Met up with freegdr (cherokeeforum) for a Jy run and no luck with parts...

But got a side by side pic

And noticed I was getting a lot of vibration up front...looked at my pinion and it's not good...which I don't understand because I put 4.5" coils up front the lowers are at 16.5" and the uppers are at 15"...

I'm going to have to adjust them again...or at least the uppers for sure...

Cell phone angle finder showed it at 4 degrees and read online that it should be at least from 6-8 degrees...

So I took off my front driveshaft until I can get it all dialed up....

Here's a pic of my pinion angle you can tell it's off...

• 7 months later...

Well I guess this is a worthy update....

Bought an rc bumper for under $250...sold it

Swapped my nates4x4 bumper over to the Cherokee and finally installed the smittybilt xrc8

Rc bumper...

Nates 4x4 with the winch and cover...

Oh I just ordered a diy Mojave rear bumper...going to try and add in the rear cut and fold when I build the bumper....

What's up fellas

So I recouped some birthday money and bought some hd no lift relocation brackets and the ones that add lift...I was going to buy the re boomerang shackles and some brown dog motor mounts then realized there's a 40% off at the Jy so I couldn't pass up on a deal for another 4.10 8.25....

Going to wait next check to pick up some shackles and save up for the brown dogs with the brackets

So been putting off doing the rear cut and fold until today...

Well only did half this miami humidity is INSANE! I felt like my head was about to explode...

Progress is progress

I'll do the other side during the week...and drill the holes to throw some sealant and rivets to seal it...