I would say bend it forward a bit near the exhaust hanger, then bend it back a bit to either have it 90 perp. to the bed or slightly back.

The exhaust isn't gonna change. It's already powder coated and I can't bend it. It'd be easier to just cut the corner off the hitch bracket. It'll clear it no problem. The exhaust doesn't vibrate that much.

the cab got painted wednesday! 

it looks almost black but its midnight blue with lots of metal flake. unless youre right up on it, you don't see the metal flake. 

everything else got painted yesterday. my dad has been there giving it all the first buffing. 

were going in the morning to set the bed on and hopefully throw the gas tank in and driveshaft so its ready to drive on the trailer and bring it home. then its just a million little things.

got my gas tank straps, headlight bezels and stupid sunroof frame powdercoated last night. (the little tiny piece is the catch for my battery box lid lock.) the whole box will be powdercoated dixie chopper textured black. just have to wait until they run that color again. 

ive got to order a new sunroof glass too. we broke the original one. :doh:  oops. 

Cannot see pics! :fs1:

They show up on my laptop and phone...

Might just be me, can anyone else see them?

Okay I opened it on my desktop, can see them fine.

Wow that paint is beautiful can't wait to see it in the sun!

Cannot see pics! :fs1:

They show up on my laptop and phone...

Might just be me, can anyone else see them?

Okay I opened it on my desktop, can see them fine.

Wow that paint is beautiful can't wait to see it in the sun!

Yep.

Man, you are doing quality work. Powder coating gas tank straps? That's only excessive if you don't plan on having something last for time to tell. Great job. Can't wait to see the paint in the sun!

Man, you are doing quality work. Powder coating gas tank straps? That's only excessive if you don't plan on having something last for time to tell. Great job. Can't wait to see the paint in the sun!

When the powder coating is free, why not? And it all better last a loong time with all the money and time we've got in it. But might as well do it right the first time!

all painted!

we color sanded on most of it and my dad is going to buff it this week! 

the fender flares and bumper caps will be black and arent painted yet. will be soon. 

i think this is the first video you guys have seen of this.... enjoy

brought her home from the painters today 

had to throw her in the garage before it started raining. the sunroof wasnt in...

theres a couple runs that didnt buff out that are very easy to spot and a couple light, thin spots. but o well. the rest is beautiful and its painted! 

and while unhooking the battery cables from underneath i noticed this...

this is the 2nd rustys steering stabilizer  i have put on and that has done this... the ball came out of the socket. 

original one.

the 1st one had maybe 500 miles on it and it came out then i just drove it like that cuz it wouldnt stay together and finally got the 2nd one. this 2nd one has literally less than 1 mile on it... since i put it on it has been winched in and out of the garage a couple times and onto the trailer and then rolled around at the paint shop. then we drove it onto and off the trailer today.. so i don't know what to do. monday I'm going to call rustys and ask for my money back so i can buy another brand... 

Awesome to see the project coming along. I'm having some issues of my own on my Cummins project.

I lucked out with the fitment of mine. Fits so nicely. Your 3.4 is 3" wider and 6" longer than my 3.3. And 70lbs heavier which isn't a big deal.

In the pic of it on the trailer the tires look so small. :/

Ive got the 6AT installed. Just waiting for the guy to deliver the SM465/NP205 combo to my house. Since my Dakota Quad Cab truck blew its 4.7L it has left me without a truck. 

I'm curious to learn if the 6AT 3.4 and the B3.3 share the same crank pulley specs. The 6AT uses a grooved pulley and Id like to convert over to a serpentine pulley system. It uses a center mounted crank bolt rather than the four tiny bolts on the 4BT and 6BT. ATI said they would make me one for the same cost as that of the 6BT. I have seen new B3.3 crank pulleys at a quarter of the cost of an ATI. 

• 2 weeks later...

couple things left to do:

courtesy lights- we had problems with them before not working quite right. could be the door switches...

speedo light quit working so gotta pull the dash :( 

install a red indicator light to show that the parking brake is on. 

try to fix small oil leaks.

get the damn sunroof to quit leaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find small rattles on inside and try to fix them. 

build a hitch. (yes ill have the page up soon so they're available for purchase) 

relocate washer fluid reservoir.... with the hood shocks installed the reservoir can't bolt in the stock location. (we don't think, it is gonna be VERY close) any body else have the redline hook shocks with the reservoir in the stock location with no problems? 

buy 33" tires so my speedo and odometer are right! i want to be able to figure out fuel mileage. 

clean up tail lights. 

wire up fog lights in the bumper caps (wasnt planning on putting them in the bumper but had an extra set laying around so we put em in) (( i was going to buy another set of KC lights (4x6) and mount them on the bumper like stock, and i still might but not right now))

find a spot to "mount" my block heater plug in. 

buy the JEEP decals for the tailgate. 

tint the windows

after showing everybody i could think of that would be interested in it, only a few like my color choice on the roll bar. everybody thinks it should have been black because the silver stands out too much against the blue. THAT WAS THE POINT! what are your opinions? 

...everybody thinks it should have been black because the silver stands out too much against the blue. THAT WAS THE POINT! what are your opinions? 

I think it's great! Needs more silver to even things out though. Perhaps the tailgate letters and a few other silver accents?

after showing everybody i could think of that would be interested in it, only a few like my color choice on the roll bar. everybody thinks it should have been black because the silver stands out too much against the blue. THAT WAS THE POINT! what are your opinions? 

Remove the light bar.  They always looked out of place even when they were in style.  Now it looks even more out of date with the late model updates.

What wheels are you going with?

Willy

...everybody thinks it should have been black because the silver stands out too much against the blue. THAT WAS THE POINT! what are your opinions?

I think it's great! Needs more silver to even things out though. Perhaps the tailgate letters and a few other silver accents?

I like the silver, great accent.  I agree with neohic, a little more siver accents will balance it out.  Awesome truck!

Buck.

I don't know if I can find someone to color match the letters to the silver. That was the original plan but I'm not sure yet. And I don't know what else I would do in silver...

Remove the light bar.  They always looked out of place even when they were in style.  Now it looks even more out of date with the late model updates.

What wheels are you going with?

Willy

Not gonna take the light bar out,I know it doesn't really function much as a roll bar. I've got too much time and money in it.

And I'm keeping the same wheels. I love the turbines.

... I don't know what else I would do in silver...

A subtle pin stripe along the lower body line goes a long way. Silver and gray hockey stick Pioneer strips would look amazing too.  :thumbsup:

A subtle pin stripe along the lower body line goes a long way. Silver and gray hockey stick Pioneer strips would look amazing too.  :thumbsup:

I think about putting the hockey sticks back on but instead of "pioneer"put "Comanche" with the cummins "c" as the first letter. But the guy on eBay that does them hasn't got back with me yet. And that's been probably 6 months ago.

I also am going for the blue and silver color scheme. I tried to match the silver on the bumpers to the top silver color on the stripe, I also painted my axle truss and am painting my long arm kit to match the lower darker silver color. I spray painted the headlight bezels to match the bumpers also. I have the silver "JEEP" decals for the tailgate to match but I just havent gotten around to putting them on yet. I think the OEM stripe is what will really pull it together if you were to get that. I also think the chrome trim and grill help too.

I think about putting the hockey sticks back on but instead of "pioneer"put "Comanche" with the cummins "c" as the first letter. But the guy on eBay that does them hasn't got back with me yet. And that's been probably 6 months ago.

order the decal from him if you can, that's the hard part to get. Then just don't apply the Pioneer wording and go to a local vinyl sign shop and have them make you what ever you want in the same font and dimensions as the "pioneer" wording was.