Those are too big. It has to be skinny, long and wide. Gotta fit behind the radiator. And in/out on the right hand side.

The taco taco one would be perfect I think if it was in/out on the same side

Just took a quick look at their Ebay store - saw a couple of different, same side in and out coolers on the first 3 or 4 pages of their store.  Most seem 2.75 to 3 inches thick.

I still stand by my water to air intercooler idea. It would give you a lot more flexibility

I don't have room for all that stuff and don't wanna mess with it ever leaking or other problems. And air to air is a lot cheaper. For daily driving, air to air is the way to go for me.

The Dodge Daytona setup looks good, but the radiator looks small to me.  Then again, those turbo Daytona's put out close to 200 hp. 

The air to water intercooler can be a whole lot smaller and does not get heat soaked as quickly or easily as the air to air intercooler.   My Passat TDI has the air to air intercooler and it gets heat soaked in just one dyno run.  But not a problem for me on the street.

Those taco-taco prices do look very reasonable!  But the air/water intercooler offers a lot of packaging/location flexibility, even if it is more $$.

A TDI guy with a drag race VW rabbit pickup uses the air to Water intercooler - it is amazing how small it really is.  That small size let him put the intercooler in an out of the way place where it still can do a great job.  He has it very close to the turbo. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where did  you get the pillar gauge mount?  And that Tiny Tach?  Love to see a link for where you got those items.

Looks like you have the EGT mounted right where the exhaust goes into the turbo.  Very good choice for the location,

Where did you get the pillar gauge mount? And that Tiny Tach? Love to see a link for where you got those items.

Looks like you have the EGT mounted right where the exhaust goes into the turbo. Very good choice for the location,

http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto+Meter/105/15210/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710716723&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15769068431&CATCI=pla-190930228631&gclid=Cj0KEQjw57W9BRDM9_a-2vWJ68EBEiQAwPNFK7LwUsyA0j0Xh5x0HhvbjN8_6W0XHiCPVjdzxT9IArkaAkxw8P8HAQ

I think this is where I got the pillar mount from.

And the tiny tach I think I got from the website.

They make them for gas motors too. $100. Simple.

And right in the manifold is where everyone said to put it. Was harder to do than just in the down pipe but I guess its accurate. It's hit 600° so far just cruising.

600 is a little high for a turbo'ed motor. Find a good long hill and get up it quick like (don't have to floor it but push it). Make sure EGTs don't get over 1100F. I try to keep mine under 1050F. Adjust fuel accordingly.

Or use a loaded trailer and floor it. Usually about the same difference.

Basically as long as you can drive the truck without going over the 1100 degree mark for anything longer than a moment, you're good. I do know some people keep the fuel turned up and just stay out of the pedal but where's the fun in that?

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.

Also good call on the tiny tach. Great little unit!

The pod cluster should be the same one amazon sells for a 92 jeep Cherokee. I paid I think $28 shipped for mine.

Also good call on the tiny tach. Great little unit!

The pod cluster should be the same one amazon sells for a 92 jeep Cherokee. I paid I think $28 shipped for mine.

Ya, the tiny tach has a clamp on the line to an injector and reads the pulses. Same thing on gas on the spark plug wire.

And yes, probably the same pillar mount. I think mine was like $38 shipped.

They come in 1 or 2 gauges

• 4 months later...

a39b8cda34edd76b281d8ce5553c1370.jpg

So the mj broke down this morning and the xj had to haul her home...

I've got no clutch. Might be slave cylinder. Didn't look into it much today.

The xj didn't have to haul it, I've got the '16 cummins for that but we thought we might have to winch the mj on with the xj 's winch...

First time I've had to trailer it home.

• 2 weeks later...

Well come to find out the new slave cylinder we put on wasn't any good. Got a 2nd replacement...but we had already dropped the tranny to look at the clutch. Couldn't find anything wrong with it. BUT, the pilot bearing came out with the tranny. When they machined my flywheel adapter, the bearing wasn't tight in it. So we used shim paper and that didn't hold. But the bearing wasn't going to come out so we left it. Well 17,000 miles later and a lot of spinning, and it has wore a groove in the adapter. So we took it off and I ordered a pilot bushing that is a tiny bit bigger (biggest we could find) which is actually a 4.0L to NV4500 adapter bushing...but I still don't think it'll be big enough. Because I have to have the groove machined out and the groove is bigger than the bushing... so might have to have another steel sleeve machined to go between the adapter and the bushing.... lot of stupid work. But while the adapter is out I'm going to have the engineers at work draw it up so I can have them machine one out for my other cummins swap.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally figured out my "no clutch" problem after almost a month, and a new slave cylinder and new clutch!

My clutch pedal was broke!

d159bab7c530c93f04b7a765483e108d.jpg

This is after my dad bent it back straight. The pedal arm was bent in almost a 90. It cracked right below the factory weld and when he pushed it down originally, it stayed on the floor but the arm to the master cylinder came back up. It was actually working, just not with the pedal...

We warrantied everything out (even though it had been 4 years since I bought it all) So now everything is brand new even though the old stuff was only 17,000 miles old...Yay!

• 4 weeks later...

Little update on how the truck is running...

I pulled my 18' car trailer (~1600lbs) today with my CF Moto side by side (1250lbs) on it.

About 50℉ out today

Mostly flat road, few gradual hills

About 15 miles

65mph

2200rpms

15psi boost

1000℉-1250℉ on the pyro gauge

Didn't pull too bad.