summer badlands meet? now official!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only 4.5 hrs away :D Count us in, that will be my early B-day outing as it only 4 days early :cheers:

Few questions looking at the web site and as this will be the first time wheeling, if you do not count what I did on the farm and snow when I was a young pup:

If we do not have the MJ ready, lot to have ready by 8/18 with our budget :chillin: Can we show up with my Ranger and not be sacrificed for not driving a Jeep :D the Ranger is equiped with 2 - Comanche Club.com stickers in the back window and could be fit with a large front window sticker jamminz.gif

I also see on the site where they talk about Roll Bars are needed at one place and then in another spot they say you do not need them in Pickups and SUV's. I am looking for one in the Ranger but not sure I will find one by then. My neighbor just got one for his Ranger at a yard sale for $40 :headpop: Can we run the Ranger w/o one?

Charles

The 18th sounds good to me too. I more than likely won't have the 86 there, (unless by some miracle I come up with the money to do the motor swap and Jeepco and I have time to do it) and with the 88 being only 2wd, I'll more than likely be hitching a ride with Jeepco.

The 18th sounds good to me too. I more than likely won't have the 86 there, (unless by some miracle I come up with the money to do the motor swap and Jeepco and I have time to do it) and with the 88 being only 2wd, I'll more than likely be hitching a ride with Jeepco.

10-4 Joe. you're good to ride with me...perhaps we can get either your 2wd repaired the week before, or even get your engine built for the up-coming swap before we roll out to attica

10-4 Joe. you're good to ride with me...perhaps we can get either your 2wd repaired the week before, or even get your engine built for the up-coming swap before we roll out to attica

Or, who knows, maybe if we set our minds to it we could get both done. Just kidding man, that would be a bit to do in such a short time.

So how many MJ's are we talking about for the 18th now :D

I am trying to talk the wife and daughter to follow us out in the ZJ :nuts: if we get the MJ on the road by then it most likely the first trip of over 5 miles on her :chillin:

Also do we have a meet time yet, need to know if we need to save for a room or just drive out in the morning.

Charles

agreed. wade i'll head out with you...joe (beaterjeep) will probably come with, and a few others.

and by the way, i'm getting an 89 4.0 5 speed 4wd for cheap in trade for fixing up an 87 4.0 auto 2wd, so we've found my wheeling truck. it'll be ready

sweet! my mom's b-day is on the 17th but i talked to her and she said go (i'll get her something nice).

and i'm getting the other truck FOR SURE now. i pulled the dent outta his 87's front right fender, repaired the header panel, installed a new(ish) grille and headlight doors (tho i'm giving him a chrome 10 slotter and nice chrome headlight doors), fixed the starter relay, putting in matching maroon bucket seats and center console out of a cherokee, chrome door handles, and mirrors, and bumper.

he's keeping the rear bumper and tow hitch off of the 89 but i get his other stock rear bumper (which is in decent shape but needs paint) instead. and the 25" tires he keeps

but i'm doing all that and then i only pay 1000 for the 89 with a small amount of rust and he doesn't care how long it takes to pay him.

but it's got new shocks, new UCA's, new brakes, dana 44 rear (stock :D) with 4.10's, split rear window, and stock fog switch @$$'y. it's a 4.0 with an ax15 tranny, np231 tcase, vacuum actuated front axle, full skid plate options, bedliner (i'm giving it to him..i don't want it), truck cap (for sale perhaps) vent wing windows, cruise, etc.

basically it's a good deal...well, sorta. the fact that i get a payment plan has me sold on it as i will then be able to park the 3800 and take it to shows/summer drive it, and lift, wheel, and DD the 89.

sorry for the rant...i'm excited :D this is my WHEELING TRUCK and it WILL be ready for attica with a 4.5" lift (can't afford more right now without a loan) and 33's.