• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 13k winch?  I can't look at it without thinking of some marketing guy saying, "we need to one-up the competition.  Give me more power!". :D  That should be enough to get you out of pretty much anything. :L:    

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, Pete M said:

the rears are far more accommodating to big tires.  I needed just the slightest trim on the inner lower curl to clear 33s.  

You telling me I can't just toss some 37.5 on there....

On 8/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, Pete M said:

the rears are far more accommodating to big tires.  I needed just the slightest trim on the inner lower curl to clear 33s.  

I figure you are running SOA, what lift do you have in front, did you use larger shackles in rear?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Pete M said:

gnarly!  :D 

Your jeep with boggers is what has always inspired me to want some. 

46 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Looks awesome!

Thank you, it's the boggers, boggers on anything makes it look better. I bet I will look even better with them on me, mounted to a comanche, squeezing my contents out like a tube of toothpaste.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, 89 MJ said:

How did it do?

It did very well, no rubbing, or extra noises. My 2.5l struggles going up hills at highway speeds but has no issues at lower offroading speeds whatsoever. Also was able to make my way into play area over filter places at opening of it and had a ton of fun in there. Even got to watch a full size blazer get stuck and almost tip over.

• 5 months later...

Made brackets and painted them so I could install AUX lights, managed to reuse old AUX switch pannel for new floating switch.

It seems when I made passenger side wiring longer and with larger gauge wire to meet power wire from switch it is now receiving 99% of power making driver side aux light look unpowered(if you look real close you can barely see a faint bit of illumination). 

I am going to rewire making harness look identical side to side, if anyone has had similar issues happen or can confirm that is or is most likely the issue, I would like to thank you in advance. 

received_798642157273035.jpeg

received_555151425324105.jpeg

if one side works and the other doesn't, the problem lies in something other than wire size.  both sides should illuminate if both sides have connection to 12 volts. :L:  one side won't suck the power away from the other just because it has a bigger wire.  electricity will flow in both wires. 

15 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if one side works and the other doesn't, the problem lies in something other than wire size.  both sides should illuminate if both sides have connection to 12 volts. :L:  one side won't suck the power away from the other just because it has a bigger wire.  electricity will flow in both wires. 

Hmmm, well both sides are working kinda sorta, driver side just seems to be super weak. I have already checked to make sure both pods illuminate when 12v is supplied and they did  to same or similar brightness. Issue only happened once I extended/added wire from passenger side and it happens to be a lot larger gauge like 10 or 8 gauge compared to 18 gauge pods have.