• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

JK shocks with Teraflex bar pin eliminators and rough control bushings.

Did the drums in the rear and painted them black, as well as address my non-working parking brake.

New radiator,new brake booster (painted green to scheme), custom intake with AEM conical filter, newer-ist Throttle body and sensors,new belts, and new exhaust manifold.

New water pump,new fan clutch,new theromostat (180 degrees), and nice new shiny thermostat housing.

• 1 year later...

Rubicon Express coils installed

cAEmAUA.jpg

Upper and lower long arms installed

Looks like I will be needing longer/new front drive shaft, what is everyone else running for front driveshaft?

WqYOc8H.jpg

What's going on with the engine hoist in the first pic?  Are you lifting the vehicle by the swaybar bushing bolts??

Are those your old UCA bushings on the ground in the 2nd pic?  How'd you get them out in such good condition?  

I had to bore the rubber out with a 1/2" drill bit and mangle the outer metal sleeve with an air hammer.  They were unrecognizable by the time it was all said and done.

Engine hoist is/was lifting truck by sway bolt holes, but not using the sway bar bolts, I used grade 8 hardware with same thread pitch as sway bar bolts. You use what you have and when you are working by yourself you do what you have to, I mainly used it to raise and lower front end to while I had jacks tanks under axle.

Yes those are upper control arm bushings located in the axle housing itself. How I got them out, well I sprayed the $#!& out of them with PB Blaster, then knocked them out about an inch by hammer. After that I used my pry bars to pry while I hammered from opposite side, once I felt no more movement, I put pry bar on little lip and hit pry bar with hammer knocking the bushings out. Also I had my leaf spring bushings I removed a previous weekend so the removal process was still fresh in my head.

Crash, yeah a ZJ front driveline just might do the trick, stock collapsed lenght for mj looks like 25 1/16 & 25 1/8 and the zj ones are 32 7/8 and 34 1/4. So in collapsed form one could gain 7 to 9 inches in driveline by switching to a ZJ front driveline.

Thank you Crash!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Google has been creeping :peep: on me and my jeep's progress:nono:. Caught my jeep at one of my   brothers, then at my old house, and then not only did it catch my jeep at while I was at work, it also caught me on break passing it to the left.:smokin:

Screenshot_20170513-101402.png

Screenshot_20170513-101529.png

Screenshot_20170513-101232.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Upgraded battery cables, got a hand from my special little helper, got 13k winch with synthetic line installed, used some allthread to drop parking brake bracket an inch, and reused old jeep bracket to drop rear brake line.

20180513_184253.jpg

20180523_191302.jpg

20180603_134703.jpg

20180603_134721_001.jpg

20180603_134710.jpg

20180512_173826.jpg

20180512_160636.jpg