89 Southern Mj: First Jeep

My truss made it yesterday. Still have to order some mini skids and maybe a upper control arm reinforcing plate, then out comes the axles for some welding and a nice coat of paint. I just like having things to tinker with all the time.

This axle is my inspiration for my truss purchase. Looks really clean. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Finally getting the important little details on the comanche tied up. Got a fabtech spare tire mount for the bed, and getting a good deal on a hi-lift from a friend.

Gonna take the axle out monday after I get off work I believe to work on that truss.

Those vent bellows didnt pan out either. I don't think they are stretchy enough and the axle just puked some fluid out of the seal. So off they came.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I laid down some he barrier and cheap home depot carpet over the trans tunnel to battle interior heat. I think its going to work pretty good. Picked up some floor liners as well. I read that they fit in our trucks kinda wonky but when I put them in I thought they fit pretty well.

• 1 month later...

Had some fun on friday afternoon. Drove up to Blairsville Ga and rode Beasly Knob for the first time. Didnt snap any pics on the trail really. Accidentally went down 93B which is the most difficult trail up there. Made it out with just a busted marker light so I guess that was a success lol

Got my trail gear all strapped up

Did meet this rattler on the trail

Great looking MJ! That's the perfect sized lift/tire combo out there I think.

Thanks man. Sometimes I think its a touch too high but I know Ill have room for 35s if I ever wanted to go for it. A regear and front axle upgrade would be in order before 35s though.

• 3 months later...