Free Xj!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 88, the R/T, and the empty MJ that's already in georgia. 

I would assume that you've already started the adoption process and are interviewing potential care takers?  :rotf:

emotions aside, it just doesn't make any sense to drag a couple of "northern", TLC-needin' trucks 750 miles down to a location where I could buy the rust-free versions of them. w

what I do know is the D44 is coming with me. :D

emotions aside, it just doesn't make any sense to drag a couple of "northern", TLC-needin' trucks 750 miles down to a location where I could buy the rust-free versions of them. w

what I do know is the D44 is coming with me. :D

Sensible reasoning. If you were moving the other way now,,,,,,

Maybe we should start a MJ swap section, where people moving to different parts of the country could just swap their Jeeps instead of moving them?

the doors now open!  I repeat, ALL FIVE DOORS NOW OPEN!!!!   :banana:   some not-so-gentle persuasion with a 10 lb sledge hammer was the trick.  :D  closing is another matter.  the rear takes quite a manly shove to get it to latch.  I'll have some pics once the rain cloud moves on by and I get the new glass installed. 

now featuring a complete set of glass :D  tinted no less.  it came from the only XJ in the yard (of maybe 10) that had manual windows.  and yes, I swapped in the matching set on the drivers door. 

983645_665179020164186_720244215_n.jpg

Giving up MJ's is hard, wish i would have kept the 88 i had at least. 

when its time i might be able to provide a good home for one, have to see how some things work out around here.

by the way, for some reason i never liked the waggy tails til now.

full cluster and appropriate sensors are in. 

Those tail lights looks great!

& Can you tell me where the temp sensor and oil press sensors are?

Temp sensor for the gauge is on the back of the head.  Oil pressure sensor is right next to the distributor.

full cluster and appropriate sensors are in. 

Those tail lights looks great!

& Can you tell me where the temp sensor and oil press sensors are?

Temp sensor for the gauge is on the back of the head.  Oil pressure sensor is right next to the distributor.

Oh okay I was just making sure I was replacing the right ones. Thanks!

oh the joys of XJ ownership.  snapped an upper bolt on the rear shocks.  :fs1:

Probably why I've been putting it off for so long.  When I did the shocks on my first XJ, that caused me to run without one for a week.

any fixes out there that don't involve drilling out the broken bolt or welding?

Snap off the bolts. Pop them out with an air chisel. Put bolts in from the back side with a lock washer. There is enough room to get behind with a wrench. This is also a good time to upgrade to BPEs and be done.