• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much appreciated, here are a few more shots in her natural environment:

ZRyR3Mg.jpg

A tree I knocked down by mistake:

IQC0PQh.jpg

Until I can figure something out with my front fender flares, I have to leave my front sway bar connected so I don't flex too much. It takes alot, but they do rub. 

One solution would be to bump stop it propperly

It doesn't rub when steering, only when flexing. 

Edit: Misread your post. When flexing it doesn't rub in the wheel well, only on the front of the fender. I'm just gonna take a saw zaw and chop it off to fix the problem. It is bump stopped properly, though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed my bumper, not my first choice, but a good choice no less!

The old aluminum steering spacer vs the new steel reinforced spacer from JCR:

YTeLvbf.jpg

The uni-frame tie in brackets:

LbODw7D.jpg

QmZrJ8F.jpg

MLdRgaw.jpg

You can see the beefier tie rod I installed a few weeks back:

weMrnlk.jpg

towTpzp.jpg

12,000 pound winch in a few more weeks. I'm very happy with this bumper. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys go to Uwharrie and want some more MJ company, let me know.  I'm only 40 minutes away.  I need to get mine back out on the trails.

You just missed a trip last sunday. We didn't get to wheel together, but did get to BS for a few minutes about toyota prius'. 

4TfgOb2.jpg

veyWxAr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks!

I finally got around to putting new rims on her, they have a wider offset now. This is with 1.5 inch spacers, I may take em off depending on if I rub the fender flexing. That little step stool didn't do much, though! I get the center caps in a few days.

qa1KHaw.jpg

Pt87gg5.jpg

This was almost a little embarrassing, haha:

xrcDfpr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Installed my winch today, chose a 9000 lbs Badlands over the 12000 pounder because it has a faster reel speed, and I can't think of a scenario where I'd need 12000 lbs. I'm almost done with my project, all that's really left are the seats, lighting and some engine mods. 

Ep5VkrI.jpg

OrVa2Ol.jpg

• 1 month later...

I scored at the JY the other day, got two butterfly buckets from an XJ in great shape, just a bit dirty. Spent a few days scrubbing and cleaning them, letting them sit in the sun, swapping brackets and just today putting them in the MJ. Unfortunately, they are from a 4 door, but I've spent the better part of a year looking for the ideal 2 door XJ seats with no luck, plus I rarely went behind the seats anyway. I've got my fire extinguisher, beater stick, winch control and CDs behind the passenger seat within reach from the drivers seat. 

M2jWUWr.jpg

THIS is why I needed new seats, haha. Passenger side is almost perfect, but the drivers is absolute $#!&e:

NscmzNF.jpg

aWuSDN5.jpg

For reference, this is the bracketry difference between the XJ (left) and MJ (right):

KDidkSF.jpg

SO glad to finally have this done.

I had the "butterfly" seats first but they were way too tall for me.  When I finally found the 2 door XJ buckets I couldn't pass them up even though the covers were in rough shape.  Keep in mind that if you find the right seats, the tilt mechanism will swap over.

I had the "butterfly" seats first but they were way too tall for me.  When I finally found the 2 door XJ buckets I couldn't pass them up even though the covers were in rough shape.  Keep in mind that if you find the right seats, the tilt mechanism will swap over.

Tall? These sit the same as the MJ buckets, these had the flat brackets, though, not the rockers. I still have my MJ buckets, would it be easy to move the tilt function over from them to the XJ seats?

• 1 month later...

Just got a bored TB from Jeff Leigh on stokedjeeps, and was impressed with the results. Quicker response, more power for less throttle, worth the upgrade for sure, especially on my once hydrolocked, 26 year old renix motor. 

n2GydQA.jpg

3WswBVO.jpg

Ever since my water incident, the ol 4.0s been runnin on borrowed time. I'll take care of it until it dies, which is not that far off. SO, who's wantin to part with a nice stroked 4.7?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Me an onlyinajeep726 just did an engine swap on the old girl. Swapped to HO and adapted to a renix system. 

It just occurred to me I don't have any photos of the finished product, I'll have to take one tomorrow. 

T6BCNEG.jpg

bIhvH5W.jpg

0vz6VoS.jpg

The old block saying goodbye to her prior owner:

3OoM8Od.jpg

The fleet:

lDpi7Wa.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been a little while since I've updated this. Buncha new stuff. Most notable are the OEM rollbar, LEDs and rear bumper:

JCR DIY rear MJ bumper. Figured it'd be a fun welding project... Don't make fun of my beads. 

4kS8f7i.jpg

XTwNsBQ.jpg

SAMzPjm.jpg

GQqt48M.jpg

Battle scars from my once near perfect body MJ, feel kinda bad, haha.

cKlqiea.jpg

Buds bad @$$ YJ:

pnKEO3S.jpg