Comanche Of The Month - March 2013

Sorry about this month fellas! It seems I fell asleep at the wheel and forgot the date. I am surprised no one was calling with death threats! This month we honor another longtime member who has been a big contributor of knowledge, help, and inspiration... Enjoy. :cheers:

MNKYBOY'S 1989 JEEP COMANCHE

MODEL AND YEAR 1989 Comanche, Sport,short box 4x4

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:2.5l tbi mostly stock, custom cold air intake, flowmaster muffler.

DRIVETRAIN: Ax4, 231, (AX15 and 231 with 1.5" chain, 6 pinion planetaries, and SYE waiting to go in).trussed non CAD big joint XJ D30,MJ D44, 4.88s, Spartan lockers.

COOLING:4.0l open system radiator, dual electric fans.

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:Midland CB, mechless stereo, 6"sony door speakers, 6x9 pioneers in boxes behind seats.full guage cluster conversion.

STEERING: modified YJ crossover steering, 4.0l powersteering pump and steering box.

SUSPENSION:Front RC 6.5" coils, RRO track bar,RC X-flex adjustable upper and lower arms, custom made drop brackets, custom BPEs ,custom quick disconnects,skyjacker shocks. Rear SOA with anti wrap perches and stock 4x4 leaf springs, RRO shocks.

INTERIOR:custom headliner, 97 Dakota seats and center console/seat,otherwise stock.

BRAKES:Dual diaphram booster, load sensing valve deleted, front later D30 front brakes, rear early D30 calipers, later D30 rotors with custom caliper mounts, hydraulically operated hand brake for a drift/rally car.

LIGHTING:front 3 100W lights on bumper, 2 50w lights on cowl, sylvania silverstar headlights.rear LED tail lights with built in back up lights, LED license plate lights.

WHEELS/TIRES:33x12.5x15 Toyo MTs on 15x8 custom painted steel wheels

MISCELLANEOUS:10,000lb engo winch with wireless controls, bobbed 16" off the bed, custom bumpers,custom rock sliders, bed corner armor, misc other armor, Rustys front flairs..

Best MJ storyNot sure that I have a best story.

What owner loves best about CC Mainly that it exists.

------------------------------------------------------------------

What a rig. One of the proud few to run the 2.5L and show it as an equally capable power plant. Your truck is a thing of beauty. Built just right, without blowing the bank. You have been a pretty constant presence here on the club for quite awhile. You've always been on to offer advice, or help a member out that needs a hand. It's not just the truck that makes the MJOTM, but the member behind it also.

Congrats on your MJOTM. Enjoy the spotlight!

Rob :cheers:

Click here to view the article

The housings are 3/16" plate that I shaped by hand, the lights are a Maxxima brand LED with built in back up lights.

There's a few pics of how I built them on my build thread and I can get you a part # for the lights if you need it.