Military Wrapped Springs With Lift, Group Buy

Guys,

I have been in contact with General Spring to see about manufacture of 3/1, 4/1, military wrap (front), lift, etc....

All this is available to us. If we can get an order of 5 sets or more, the price becomes very good IMO.

From the e-mail:

"Building a 2” lift spring out of a 4/1 would cost around $200 each for quantity of 2 but if we could get the quantity up to 10 then they’d drop to $150 each."

They also quoted me $135 for the 3/1 with no lift, but military wrap. What do you think? Any interest?

I purchased my MT 3+2 springs there a few years ago. Good product and good people to work with. :thumbsup:

In fact I even had a CC discount set up (10% off IIRC) with Joe, the owner. Don't know if it's still in effect now though.

Do those prices sound reasonable? To me they do, but I'm out of touch.

I'm thinking I may get a set of 2" lifted, mil. wrapped (4/1) springs. Anybody else needing some could save $100/pr, so seems like a great thing. Maybe with Hell Creek going out of business, Joe will stock them for us!...

Would anyone with a daily driver rig that sees minimal offroad service even need a military wrapped spring?

Probably not, but of 90% of spring failures I see would be prevented by the wrap. Keep in mind I live in the mountains where vehicles do see a lot of offroad use. The way I look at it is it is a cheap upgrade, so why not?

hell creek is going under, go figure the last place for a good lift kit. what is military wrapping btw?

A military wrap is where the second spring continues around the main spring and bushing and adds considerable strength to the area at the bushing. A picture would be best. I'm not explaining it well I know. I'll see what I can find.

Edit:

Image Not Found

See the double wrap? That's the military wrap. Helps to keep the mail spring from bending right where the end of the sring curls around.

Wonder if I could get them to log on and join the thread so we could all just collaborate. I'll e-mail them unless a mod wants to try to snag them as a vendor or something. I'm in for a pair. I would prefer around 2" lift and a 4/1 pack. Be advised the wrap is only on the front of the arch as there is not clearance on the rears. I have not confirmed this to be fact, it is just what I was told. I think this could be a great source for custom american made springs for our trucks.

Give them a call or

Here is their e-mail:

sales@generalspringkc.com

General Spring of Kansas City

915 E 56 Hwy

Olathe, KS 66061

888-829-0619

I did not ask about shipping.

Oh sure, rub it in! I live exactly next to nothing... ever... :rotf:

There used to be a woman from Alpine, TX who posted quite a bit on the Yahoo Strokers group. She was retired Army and loved loved British aluminum V8 engines and Jeeps, and planned to transplant a Rover V8 into her XJ. except for fuel injection and engine computers. First thing she did with a Jeep 4.0 is rip out all that stuff, throw in a set of points and carbed it. She did all her own work and seemed quite knowledgeable. Quite a character. She flew her own plane too. IIRC correctly her name is Sabrina. Just wondered if you knew her. Alpine can't be all that big. :yes:

I suppose I'd be interested if they matched specs to Metric Ton rear springs. Those give an MJ 2" of lift over stock anyways. I need load capacity more than lift.

The specs are an exact match for the 3+2 MT springs. I know because when I ordered my set from General Springs they mistakenly sent their NOS Mopar MT model spring by mistake. It and the manufactured spring were identical. They originally provided 3" of lift, then settled down to 2.5" after about a year. But my original springs were shot........

There used to be a woman from Alpine, TX who posted quite a bit on the Yahoo Strokers group. She was retired Army and loved loved British aluminum V8 engines and Jeeps, and planned to transplant a Rover V8 into her XJ. except for fuel injection and engine computers. First thing she did with a Jeep 4.0 is rip out all that stuff, throw in a set of points and carbed it. She did all her own work and seemed quite knowledgeable. Quite a character. She flew her own plane too. IIRC correctly her name is Sabrina. Just wondered if you knew her. Alpine can't be all that big. :yes:

I'm also a pilot, but have never heard of her (Sabrina). I'm a local buisiness owner (4 of them actually) and did a data base search for that name. Nothing in my records. I'll be on the lookout. Sounds like someone I need to meet.

I'm also a pilot, but have never heard of her (Sabrina). I'm a local buisiness owner (4 of them actually) and did a data base search for that name. Nothing in my records. I'll be on the lookout. Sounds like someone I need to meet.

Went back and searched the forum. It seems she has moved to the boonies of Hudspeth County.

Marfa Lights! :nuts:

I took a motorcycle trip out there back in my college days. Stayed up all night at a roadside park waiting to see those dang things. What a crock, of course they never showed themselves, because they don't actually exist,,,and I sure felt duped.

:thwak:

Marfa Lights! :nuts:

I took a motorcycle trip out there back in my college days. Stayed up all night at a roadside park waiting to see those dang things. What a crock, of course they never showed themselves, because they don't actually exist,,,and I sure felt duped.

:thwak:

Actually,

I've seen them. A couple of times. My theory on them are they are formed from static electricity or something like that when steam from deep thermal energy moves around underground and builds up a startic charge. As it finally rises, it produces a sparkly ball of light that can dance around on or near the surface. Plenty of locals have their own theories and have seen them. Also it is important to note that there are some sightings that are a result of locals having some fun with the gullible tourists... ;)