The "get Me By" Mj Truggy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Drivetrain is finally all in place. I don't have much room between the belly and tcase so I had to get creative. Trying to keep the drive train as low as possible so I can have a flat floor.

Gonna start on the engine skid and hopefully front suspension tomorrow.

Built, not bought. Even if it is no longer considered an MJ, your fabricating skills are pretty kick @$$. I'm diggin it.

Hey now, be careful, it's got an identity complex. Don't say anything about not really being an MJ, you might upset it. Lol

• 5 weeks later...

So safe to say the MJ is not going to KOH this year and neither am I. Work was slow this year so it's just not worth stretching the budget to either finish the MJ in time or go, bc there def wasn't room for both... Been fixing up an Xj to sell and fund some more of the MJ but I have been making some progress none the less.

Got all the temp front brackets in place and links made so I could check clearances.

Drive shaft at full droop.

Most of the rear structure is done, just gotta do the bed floor and tie the roof into the harness bar.

A couple tubes left to add to the roof and front of the chassis, door bars, bed floor and then the chassis will finally be done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a minute since the last update. The ol not having all your parts on hand when you build bug is coming in full force here now that I'm getting down to the final details. Seems like no matter how much planning and fore thought I tried to put it things are getting harder and harder to find places for. Finally got ordered and received my fuel cell from Liquid Iron Industies. Went with Jaz 22 gal fuel cell with 4 walbro pick ups, ATL foam and all the pumps, filters, valves and fitting to build an ultra4 legal fuel system. Come to find out the cell is slightly bigger than what they advertise and it doesn't fit between my frame rails like my mock up did. Gonna raise it six inches and build a storage drawer that pulls out the back. My XJ radiator was cracked so I ordered a griffin aluminum radiator.

And the big change in plans, picked up an unused 505 performance turbo kit with water-methanol injection local from a friend of a friend. Deal was too good to pass up and I've been thinking about it for a while now any ways.

Had my buddies from back home, nick and Travis, come down for my birthday week and work on the rig. Didn't really get much work done other than trying to figure out where in the hell I'm gonna stash all this stuff! Got my 99+ intake manifold on and my new stainless header, relocated the alternator using a WJ alternator and bracket, made a template for relocating my PSC pump, mocked up the turbo and all my coolers, figured out a way to get my uppers more triangulated and another inch of up travel, and redid seat mounts to pass ultra4 tech. Added the last few structural tubes to the chassis and capped all the tubes. While it doesn't look like much I couldn't have made this much progress without them. Always nice to have another set of eyes on the subject. Pics are uploading now.

Reworked my front uppers to get another inch of up travel and mocked up the coil overs so I could see how much I could move my lowers in without interfering with the drive shaft.

So here I'm at 7" up and only 8" down. The rotor is on the ground so another inch to go. Plenty of room at full stuff but my coils will hit my alternator at full droop so I need to move the upper coil over mount out another inch or so but everything else is really happy. I can move my frame side lowers in another inch as well.

And I guess it's been a while since I posted any over all shots.

• 8 years later...