Jcroffroad New Jeep Comanche Mj Diy Rear Bumper!

Well I think I'm going have to order a front bumper and the DIY rear this weekend

...Edited as to not take up so much space...

But quick question, does the MJ rear bumper have any spots to attach safety chains for when using the hitch?

They can be seen in the picture below. The two rectangular holes below the receiver knock-out are meant to be used for safety chains.

MJ-DIY-Desc.jpg

That's what I thought they were, thanks for getting back with me!

• 5 months later...

88whitemanche reminded me of this thread, with all the snow and ice we've been gettin in VA and nobody knows how to drive here in the first place i'm lookin for a bumper for when i do get rear ended, since this aint a step bumper like the stock MJ bumpers how well does the reciever hitch work on this bumper, does anyone have any pics of usin it?

Redwolf

• 8 months later...

I bought this bumper. I have to say it fits PERFECT! The look is really good. Here are a few of mine. 

Side glance

Close up.

Though now that it is on the truck and I love it. I have a few things to say. Being that this bumper comes and you need to weld it it can be a big pain if you don't know how to weld. I live it a pretty big area and it took me a while to find someone willing to weld it. Part of the problem was that the bends are very big so you need someone that has a big bending machine. Can be tough to find. I had to go to 5 different places before I found someone that would take it. That was why a lot of welders wouldn't do it for me here because of the bending involved. The cost to weld it was not to cheap either. Then the cheap way I guess, would be paint it yourself. I however had mine powdercoated. That costed quite a bit too. So if you go this way I would say it is worth it in the end but expect to be paying a bit more than just the cost to buy it. Mine was right around 550 dollars and I installed it myself.  

I bent mine by hand and little bit of heat on the bigger bends.

How do you bend it by hand?  What do you use to heat it?  Propane will not do it, will it?  What size vice are you using to hold it?  Can you post some picture of the set up?

I bent mine by hand and little bit of heat on the bigger bends.

How do you bend it by hand?  What do you use to heat it?  Propane will not do it, will it?  What size vice are you using to hold it?  Can you post some picture of the set up?

Clamp to a table on the bend edge, clamp clamps to section to leverage, heat it with a propane torch, and use the clamps like handles while putting body weight on it. The rest I bent with a rubber mallet.

• 4 weeks later...