For sale 88 Comanche.

I found her in silver lake, mostly stock except for the rusty's lift, Bilstein shocks and 35" BFG km2. Pretty straight, ran great. Fell in love the first time i laid eyes on her

8042db33fe37a1ecb8c45a91b13fd1e8.jpg

acb7bd314dbf34b878525bf6ce7f1173.jpg

The first year i didn't do much, some paint, new cherokee mirrors, just little stuff.. no wheeling at all... :zzz:

587f152b0a4048af35583778cdc04bd9.jpg

9875dabd25693047e2e594a960d0d478.jpg

Edited by Bitemybag

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been around jeeps most my life, as passenger, never a driver. My dad and a few buddies have been doin an annual Jeep Camp in Liberty Wa since I was waist high..

My brother has been wheelin for quite a few years, I finally got the itch... Here's my brothers grand Cherokee at walker in lower pic, jeep camp 09 above

after jeep Camp i was hooked! all i thought about was the next trip, and what i was gonna do parts wise to make my comanche one pissed off trail rig.

But the gf beat me to the punch and surprised me with some axles.......

Since i was going through a rearend every weekend, I was still learning...

Gf has good taste in axles.. Dana 60 hp kp

And 14 bolt ff 10.5

And get this she bought a set dana 60/70 for a real good price, turns out they both had arb air lockers in them.. She said they were just laying in his yard rusting away, dude had no idea what he was sitting on...

After starting on the axles and planning to swap and exo my Comanche I had a sobering epiphany, I was fairly new to crawlers and didn't have the know how or proper tools to finish this build in the 2 months I gave myself.. And I had very high expectations, I wanted It right the first time...

So I called Patrick over at Those Guys Rod and Custom, and started to discuss what I was looking to accomplish and how long I had till 2012 Jeep Camp in liberty Wa..

So as I said I've been going to liberty every year since I can remember, the year before being my first year as a driver, but this year I was bringin a monster! I had kept the build hush hush so nobody knew I had anything done to the Comanche, but everyone was impressed at how well it performed the year before with no gears, no lockers and at times no reverse-Peugeot tranny :thumbsdown: ....

Couldn't wait to get on the trail.....

I love this place and the people, this is the one week a year I dream about.. And it's only my second year wheelin, if I had only know what I was missin as a driver...

This rig wheels amazing so much so it got me a little cocky, and I'm sure we all know what happens when you get cocky... Someone or something slaps you right back into your place...

First night out got stupid, picked a terrible line, at a rock outcropping the crest of a fairly steep hill climb bounced the front end up and over got a little sideways which dropped my @$$ into a rut and went over backwards, well as you can see, my buddy Hammer was at the top and said I went over 6-7 times I lost count at 1.. Bellied up on the only 2 trees about a 1/3 of the way down the hill, it was free and clear after that so thank god for those trees cuz we would've been cookin by the time we got to the bottom. Dented the pass door and smashed windshield, but literally came back in the morn and aired up the tires and hit the trail, I thank Patrick at Those Guys Rod and Custum for building such a beast. Unbelievable the beating that cage took and didnt even bend a single bar, no doubt it saved my cousin and my life...

Shot of the door dent and windshield

Not bad....